Cool old chunk of Yellow and a 3 ring Surprise!

Swinglow

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
I got out for an early morning hunt on sunday with Craig and Bruce. The minus tide should have been better had it not been for the wind and rough surf. I didn't manage many targets at all, but I did get 2 nice, really deep ones to make the trip a success. The first keeper was only my 3rd gold this year with 1 each from the surf and turf going into the hunt. It was a nice 7.1g 10k oldie with what appears to be 2 naked ladies on either side. Craig got pretty excited when he saw that and I had to sit him down for a few mins and explain it wasn't a real naked lady to calm him down. :laughing: In all seriousness, i got pretty excited at the naked lady ring, which i was about to give up on after 3 monster scoops without snagging it. Finally on the fourth scoop, I nabbed it. That was possibly the deepest target I've ever recovered with a detector. After that I scored the .57 cal. 3 ringer which totally made my day. I've only ever found 2 of those, both in the dirt and both had deflected off trees and were not very nice. This one was dropped and in perfect condition.

Then I saw it. I didn't think it was real, but then I saw it again. And again..and again. A fin sticking out of the water, darting back and forth about 30 yards over my shoulder in a trough. It was a shark, i'd guess 5-6ft long and it was gorging on bunker for a good hour. I threw some rocks at Bruce to get his attention and like a madman, he waded right towards the thing while I chickened out and moved closer to shore. :laughing:

I could not concentrate at all after seeing that. It didn't help that craig found a chewed up bunker and threw it in the water next to me :shock: I owe you for that one, buddy! I don't know how you guys down south and out west deal with the sharks. This wasn't even a big one and I was ready to make like Jesus and walk on water to get away from it. lol

Attachments

• beachfinds1.jpg
    beachfinds1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 533
  • beachfinds2.jpg
    beachfinds2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 530
  • beachfinds3.jpg
    beachfinds3.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 536
  • beachfindsweight.jpg
    beachfindsweight.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 541
  • excalgold.jpg
    excalgold.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 547
Just noticed the three ringer..

I was distracted by golden twins! :laughing:

Congrats on that too..

<°)))>{

whoa, cool thanks for the link Jim. JR Wood eh.

giphy.gif

LOL @ the twins. Wonder what it's worth. It's marked 10k but it seemed to hold 14k acid for a lot longer than normal and didn't totally melt it.

Does yours have any maker's marks?

Sharks circle you before they eat you because you taste better without the krap...

<°)))>{

Is it me, or does it look like the devil on the side of the ring? Looks like a goats head at that angle...lol

Congrats on your gold and other finds, love seeing them!

:dingding: Nice job on the gold and 3-ringer. Craig gets easily excited and possibly amused so don't mind him.

I agree with Mud, Stunning Old Gold!!

Out the other day with Mike, he got knocked down by something. Shook him up and so he went in for the rest of the hunt..no fins seen........ it's getting worse with the warmer waters every where I believe.

I love seeing the old rings, both silver and gold. The craftsmanship that was used is something that is lacking in today's world. Congrats on an outstanding find.

Back
Top Bottom