I think it was a good day

TheMaddMan

Elite Member
Hit the lake Sunday morning just after low tide. According to the NWS, we've had just over 18" of rain this week, so the water's been pretty high, even with low tide. Lots of sand at the water line where I usually like to hunt. Moved out waist deep to get away from the sand, not many targets. First target was a 6 coin/.61c spill, 1 quarter, 1 penny, 1 nickel, and 3 dimes. All in one scoop. the 3rd or 4th target came up 55 on the ATG. Another pulltab? Nope, ring in the scoop. Big ring in the scoop. Thought it was silver, looked closer, white gold, 14K. marked. 7.3g :D and will slide over my wedding band on my finger without touching it :yes:. I did move in to the water line later on, where most of the trash came from. One decent signal, checked the scoop. Gold ear ring. Got back to the truck, picked it up and the plating started coming off in my palm. Oh well, still a good day. Keep on keeping on and HH.

IMG_6723_zpsf0hxqjpl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_6724_zpsp2segyib.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
A quarter will almost got through it
IMG_6727_zpscah6lmi5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_6735_zpspckhzqyu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Almost doesn't fit which is a good thing
IMG_6728_zps5f2cjn4w.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And to top off the day, went to the store for a couple of things Sunday afternoon, passed the Coin Star, notta. Got in line to check out, someone cashing in change. Checked the reject bin again, hit $1.31 in change, a 1992 British 10 pence, 1943D steel wheatie, and a 1964 Rosie. It as a good day.

IMG_6730_zpspyoiw0tx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

:dingding: Looks like Shaquille O'Neal lost his ring! Congrats!!!

My wedding band is a size 16. And I was younger and still in shape then. I can get it off if I really try but I'm afraid to lose it and then I gotta hunt it down :D

Back
Top Bottom