Newbie in central Florida

piper247

Elite Member
Hi,
Just wanted to introduce myself. my name is John. I recently retired after a mild stroke and now find myself with way too much time on my hands! Need to get out and get some exercise and couldn't think of a better way to motivate myself. I called Bart at BBH and ended up getting the AT Pro and pro pointer. Thanks for the great deal Bart!
If there is anyone around Winter Haven, Lake Wales area that would like to get together to hunt, please let me know.
Cheers

Welcome from Central MA. I have the same equipment and I hope you like it is as much as I do. The ATPro has increased my finds dramatically. Good luck and please post pics of your finds!

Hi,
Just wanted to introduce myself. my name is John. I recently retired after a mild stroke and now find myself with way too much time on my hands! Need to get out and get some exercise and couldn't think of a better way to motivate myself. I called Bart at BBH and ended up getting the AT Pro and pro pointer. Thanks for the great deal Bart!
If there is anyone around Winter Haven, Lake Wales area that would like to get together to hunt, please let me know.
Cheers

Welcome from Northern CA. Just moved here from Orlando. I also have the AT Pro and pin pointer. Cocoa beach is a great place to detect this time of year. (All tourist) go early or late in the day. I know you will find some things :D

Pretty new here myself, but welcome from Northeast Georgia! I'll be down in Florida myself next week trying to sneak out on the beaches before the sun comes up, if mama doesn't catch me that is!

Welcome from Northern CA. Just moved here from Orlando. I also have the AT Pro and pin pointer. Cocoa beach is a great place to detect this time of year. (All tourist) go early or late in the day. I know you will find some things :D

Hey Power Guy,
Funny, I moved here from Northern Ca! back in 89. :D
Thanks for the tip on Cocoa beach, I'll have to give it a shot.

Greetings from Virginia! Good for you getting out and getting exercise, its good for the body and soul. I wish you luck!

Hey Power Guy,
Funny, I moved here from Northern Ca! back in 89. :D
Thanks for the tip on Cocoa beach, I'll have to give it a shot.

HA flip flop...I am sure you are aware that some beach's (south east shores) can only be detected on dry sand. Be sure and do some research before heading out. 99.9% of the time you will have no issues but that .1% will remind you that you are in violation and make you leave.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm from Winter Haven, but I live in on Okinawa Japan right now. About 10 or 15 years ago, I meet some guys that had a little metal detecting club. They mostly relic hunt. They where active in the Polk county historical society. I would contact them. Wish I had more info to point you in the right direction.

http://www.polkcountyhistory.org/

Back
Top Bottom