Do you detect at work?

I would if I had a longer lunch break. :cool:

I sometimes hunt just before or after work though. I only will do that if I feel I can leave my detector/gear in the car. Some days the heat build up in the car is just more than I want to subject my detector to.

Nope - I have a feeling it would make me want to go hunting longer than 1 hr as I'm still new and it is taking me a awhile to learn my machine. Hunting on my lunchbreak would be long enough to just tease

It's nearly the ONLY TIME I get to hunt - my lunch hour.

Started going in early, taking long lunches. Got in a little trouble for that, so keeping it around an hour - which is difficult. Dang near impossible. 1.25 lately.

When I detect I get all dirty no way I could detect then go back to work...lol
ND, you've gotta get surgical about it. Do that, and no one will know your dirty little secret.

I surgically detect after work, on company property, before I head home (wife thinks its the traffic that keeps me... Mwahahaha!). There is a picnic area that has been used for many years, and I've found a ton of clad out there. There is a ridiculous amount of pennies that really befuddled me until I found the shell of a plastic Easter egg and a coworker confirmed that the company used to have an annual Easter egg hunt for kids on the property. Not sure if those kids were careless, or if they weren't good at finding the eggs, but MAN, I've dug a lot of copper pennies! :laughing:

I've tried a few times but the area where I work is not a friendly township. I found one park where I can get there on lunch sometimes, but I don't always get a lunch.

BUT I do get to telecommute 2 days a week and THEN I can get to detect. I work from 7-3:30, then off I go.

I do.. Not as much as I used to because I have burned through a lot of the land I have permission to that is close to work, and the public parks are not being kept up as well as they used to, which matters if you are in khakis and dress shoes...

But, over time I have found seated, silver, jewelry and Indian Heads while at lunch

So I took my 705 with me to a comm site I work on the top of a mountain near by. Stopped at 2 spots on the way up and 1 on the way back down. The scenery and setting was to die for. All three were a train wreck with the detecting. I will go back though. The first stop was a little place called Haystack. People have been going up there since the Indians chased mammoths. The last hundred years or so it has been humans with guns and lots and lots of ammo and beer. There were casings of every type every 6 to 10 inches, sometimes piles of casings. Bullets and bullet fragments everywhere and of course beaver tails. Found a couple clads. Next 2 stops were hunting camps that have been used for probably 50 years. Needless to say bullets and casings and aluminum foil every 4 inches. Found a crossbow bolt and some clad and some metal tent pegs and some junk. I will go back but it gets aggravating quick though I know there has to be good stuff there. Sometimes them hunters will be in a foot of snow or more and you know they drop stuff, good stuff.

I got some eye candy though, enjoy. First picture is looking back and down on Haystack where there stuff everywhere. I live on that point on the far side of the lake behind Haystack. Some say they have found spear points there. Next picture is the upper hunting camp, just in the woods there a bit, beyond those 2 foot deep snow piles. Sorry you guys can't hunt because it is too hot, didn't have that problem here. Next is hunting camp number 2 in the aspen grove, wild flowers were everywhere, probably have 100 or more pictures of them.

Attachments

• Haystack.jpg
    Haystack.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 250
  • camp1.jpg
    camp1.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 249
  • camp2.jpg
    camp2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 248
  • crocus.jpg
    crocus.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 248
  • paintb.jpg
    paintb.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 246
Absolutely. In between appointments or when I stop to eat lunch. I always have a place to do a quick hunt. I'm fortunate to be in sales and have the ability to swing all the time. My territory also covers 2 counties in South Western, PA that is rich in history dating back to the French Indian War. Quite a few of my clients have very old houses that date back into the 1800's. In my travels I am able to scout out parks. old ball fields and private homes . It becomes overwhelming at times. I always jot down addresses and research the homes on the county websites. I have not be turned down yet. It is amazing what is out there.

I wish I could. But my breaks are only like +/- 5 minutes, and I'd look wierd detecting in a dominos pizza uniform :/

Sent from an island on MineCraft

While I do get an hour lunch break at work if I work an 8 hr shift...I am part time and rarely work an 8 hour shift....

on the other hand I work a lot of evening shifts so I get to hit local places frequently....:yes:

My breaks are only around 10-15 minutes after organizing my truck...Wouldn't have room to stash the MD anyhow! (UPS Driver)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Working on an ambulance sometimes between calls I get a few minutes. Depends on what partner I have. But lately it's been too dang HOT!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom