Button

bigstemz

Banned
A friend of mine found this a few days ago and has so far been unable to identify it. It rang up as a high tone, either copper or silver. It is approx. the size of a dime. we have found a few other colonial artifacts on this property so there is a chance it is older. Any ideas or input?

Attachments

• glens button.JPG
    glens button.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 2,083
Blazer Button, Crown and club

This is a blazer coat button, called queen and club

Attachments

• blazer.jpg
    blazer.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,754
thanks!

Any idea of the approx age? does it make sense that the composition could be silver?

Sorry

Sorry, No clue to how old it could be, the only thing I could find was from searching on google images, golf club queen and crown blazer button and it will bring up a very similar button. Don't know how old this syle of button dates back. If it is silver it could possible be the earliest makes of this style button

More research

Could be a button from a member of the St. Andrews Golf Club. the object on the right side of the button is a Scottish Thistle. the man standing on the left side of the button is St. Andrew, Im going to do some more research but this button is actually becoming very interesting to me. Good find

St Andrews

St Andrews club is the oldest American golf Club dating back to 1888. It is located about 20 miles from New York City. You could have an awesome button in your possession. If that's an original button from a club member and if you can get the button dated, it could be priceless to a golf collector

St Andrews club is the oldest American golf Club dating back to 1888. It is located about 20 miles from New York City. You could have an awesome button in your possession. If that's an original button from a club member and if you can get the button dated, it could be priceless to a golf collector

thanks for the info and research. if you find out anthing more id love to hear what you find!

Old

Would def say by looking at the back that it does not look modern, Id say it is late 1800's for sure

Id

The button is from the Royal Black Heath Golf club. circ 1800-1844 Club started in 1700's. I found one just like it. Looks kind of new though , might be a later copy of. If you look in my album 2011 relics there is a pic of a older one. The back on mine looks like a flat button loop.

The button is from the Royal Black Heath Golf club. circ 1800-1844 Club started in 1700's. I found one just like it. Looks kind of new though , might be a later copy of. If you look in my album 2011 relics there is a pic of a older one. The back on mine looks like a flat button loop.

Spot on... Royal Blackheath Golf Club blazer button. That design still made and widely used. I'd say your button is of the new variety.

I found this button at a house built in 1901 in seattle

Attachments

• 20170127_160104.jpg
    20170127_160104.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,294
  • 20170127_160120.jpg
    20170127_160120.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,063
Back
Top Bottom