Acquisition of a U.S.S. Lawrence Relic

TR Mook

Elite Member
Hi all,

During the off-season I like to puruse and purchase from dealers. Recently I came across a 22 inch by 2/3 inch piece from the U.S.S. Lawrence. I served as an intern aboard the U.S.S. Brig Niagara a couple summers ago and absolutely love both the history and program that they put on. Being from Erie, PA, it was an absolute honor to sail on her and experience first hand what it is like to control a Brig from 1813. I wrote a research paper on how the concept of superior naval firepower was invented during the Battle of Lake Erie and feel it is my duty to protect and perpetuate the history and heritage of one of the most important naval battles fought in our nation's history. I encourage anyone who is unfamiliar with the story of the Battle of Lake Erie to read up just a little on it. I don't care if you get a book or simply go to the Wikipedia page. Either way you're sure to experience an emotional revelation and gain respect for those involved in the exchange. I really don't have anything relevatory to mention, I just wanted to put out a plug for my area's history and the excitement that I am about to acquire a mere portion of one of the ship's that defended our nation's honor during a brutal, yet romantic, clash. I'll be sure to post some pictures when I receive the piece. Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

T.R.

Back
Top Bottom