Remodel Progress and Jonesing to Hunt, Plus Internet is Cured!

BBsGal

Forum Supporter
Pic heavy, this is an update on my home remodel that is keeping me from going detecting, as I'm working my tail off along with my hubby BB and my brother Wes. The two of them are awesome and knocking out the work like mad. I'm rotating between being the site laborer, a little bit of a carpenter, and whatever else I can do including but not limited to gophering and outside mowing, clearing junk, painting outbuildings, and just generally spiffy-ing things up.

Here's a little look in pics...

The house as it sat when we got it. Very good "bones", but neglected, mouse poo filled, stuck in 1972 Godawful mess. Note the stupidly tiny windows in the front, the middle window is the living room that is actually a huge room, and the one on the right is in what will now be our dining room, but was a strange hybrid office/bathroom/laundry room before the gutting began...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

After my demolition. The entire east end of the house had to be gutted, the kitchen was horrible and completely unusable, not to mention gross and nasty beyond belief. Don't let this pic fool you, I gutted it completely down to the studs and started over.
picture.php

Kitchen design on the fly. Among other things I've done, back when I was a kid I attended vo-tech for drafting and worked as an old fashioned draftsman for about 20 years before autocad put me out of that business.

picture.php

We replaced every window in the place, and added a french door, a new kitchen window, and changed the old kitchen into a new laundry room. Wes is working on getting the new drywall in this week and BB is doing the electric & plumbing & HVAC. It's moving right along.

picture.php

And finally some poor pics of my new bathroom. The house originally had one, this will be the second one. The big deal here is the bathtub, it's a 6' long cast iron, 120 year old tub that I had BB go fetch me from Washington state back in about 2002 and have been looking for a good place to install it ever since then. Finally I may get to actually use the thing 😂

picture.php

picture.php

And to top it all off, today the internet company finally cured our non-internet issue and now we can actually use it like it's meant to be used. Yay

Nice project, i like the way you are going with it. That kitchen HAD to go :lol::lol::lol:
Same here, living in cabinet making hell as we speak...

I imagine it'll look great once it's finished! The house definitely looks much nicer from the front now. That's an interesting bell out the front, do you use? Or is it just decorative?

You guys have definitely been busy !!!!

....after all that is done you'll need to take a "staycation" (stay at home vacation) to relax :lol:

Looking great. I love old claw foot tubs and the age makes it even better. The little water closet area is nice as well those angles add character.

Nice project, i like the way you are going with it. That kitchen HAD to go :lol::lol::lol:
Same here, living in cabinet making hell as we speak...

Thanks, and oh yeah, it definitely had to go :laughing: It was awful...

I imagine it'll look great once it's finished! The house definitely looks much nicer from the front now. That's an interesting bell out the front, do you use? Or is it just decorative?

Thanks! That bell was fetched by the former owner from a torn down school in Tennessee where he went as a kid, and he has been dead & gone for about 20 years, so it's an oldie. It works, and it is loud!

Wow! Great progress! You guys are a Team!

Thanks! It is going right along. I hope to have Christmas dinner in my new kitchen :yes:

You guys have definitely been busy !!!!

....after all that is done you'll need to take a "staycation" (stay at home vacation) to relax :lol:

Lol what's that, relax I mean :lol::lol::?::lol:

Looking great. I love old claw foot tubs and the age makes it even better. The little water closet area is nice as well those angles add character.

Thanks! I had to do some magic to get it all to fit the little bathroom but am pretty happy with how it's turning out.

Today my big job was starting the window & door trim outside since it warmed up into the 70s. Got two windows and the french door done while BB worked on plumbing and Wes got the kitchen mostly sheetrocked. It won't be long now! Outer wall insulation guy should be here next week then we can button them up too.

picture.php

Back
Top Bottom