Archeologists R Trouble Makers

Martin_V3i

Elite Member
OK I need to vent. I happen to live in a really interesting little city which has history. My new hunt buddy researched the one prime, old school where the cement steps and a really old sidewalk still exists, and he got full permission from the actual owner, not just on the one property but on THREE!, WooHoo!

I was notified today that the rentor/leasee who's lived on site #1 for 15 years, made a call to a local, small archy society group, which is now headed by a metal detectorist himself, and as far as I can tell, he pretty much poisioned the water on metal detecting to the rentor, and within a pretty short time, the actual owner called and yanked all three permissions, not just the one primary spot which had a renting resident, which required the rentors secondary permission for when we could hunt.

Losing all three permissions within 24 hours only tells me that the archy(used to be a serious detector himself), really uglied up detecting compared to their archy effort.

There's no historical marker or nuthin. One archeological dude with a mikey mouse position, probably gave our hobby a real set back. In this small little city...I suspect metal detecting has been fairly set to off limits. A lot of Peyton Place in these tiny cities ya know.

pretty much had same problem in the small town i live in.guy who runs historical commission tried detecting and didn't like it so he convinced people not to give permission

If you think you have problems with archies Google Paul Barford and the click on heritage issues and have a read,we gotta deal with the likes of him over here in the UK

archeys

Thats sad, But if he dosn't have a degre in archeology he is still only a detecrorist.Now he maybe self anointed or he bought a degre on line. Just chalk it up to experiance. Next time don't let it out were you hunt. It's sad it has to get this way; but we live in a petty world. good luck.:(

Back
Top Bottom