Finally got to go out! - UPDATED

stetam

Elite Member
Well the snow has melted enough and I couldn't wait any longer. I stopped at an 1800's farmhouse that I have been wanting to detect for a couple years now but never stopped to ask, figured it wasn't going to happen because of the meticulous yard and landscaping. Well now Walmart purchased all the surrounding land and the farm to put in a distribution warehouse. Driving by today I saw construction vehicles in the driveway so I stopped and asked the project manager if they now own the home. He told me they are using the house as an office until the warehouse is build, then it will be torn down. He gladly gave me permission to detect there which was outstanding! Looks like they drove a dozer thru the front yard and skimmed the top 2-3" off a good section of the front so that's what I hit first. First signal gives me a war nickel, second signal out pops an 1886 IHP. I only did about 20 more minutes more because of the mud being terrible to even walk in. But in those 20 minutes I also pulled 1917 and 1948 wheaties. I was using the 11" coil on the Nox but thinking of switching to the 6" next time due to all the close signals. Looking forward to going back once it dries a little bit.

Steve

UPDATE
OK, back at the farm this morning. Still muddy as heck but I had a great day anyway. Pulled a no date buffalo and a 1865 IHP, couple wheaties, a1930's Cracker Jack Jefferson token, a heart pendant and my first ever crotal bells.

Attachments

• IMG_1993.jpg
    IMG_1993.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1986.jpg
    IMG_1986.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2008.jpg
    IMG_2008.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2011.jpg
    IMG_2011.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2010.jpg
    IMG_2010.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Nice! All vintage stuff.

I'm in northern Allegheny County, western P.A... I tried out my new Tesoro Bandido today but the ground is still 75% frozen. Cant dig in most places. I found a 2000 dime first thing about 2 inches down and also some little scraps of old looking metal. One looked like an old clamp used to fasten a pipe to a wall, circa 1930's- 40's maybe, judging by the design. My house was built in 1930.

I have to deliver some papers to my employer in the morning. On the way back I might hit up some spots, see how much things have melted since this morning.

Nice score on the permission and the finds , congrats ! That looks like a very promising location .Looking forward to seeing your future finds there . Good luck !

Congrats! Get around those porches. The majority of your finds will be around the front and rear porches.

Forgot this. Not unusual to find a horseshoe but I never found one with he nails still there

Attachments

• IMG_1994.jpg
    IMG_1994.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 120
Awesome finds and glad to see you got out. Congrats on the war nickel, Ihp (very nice condition) and wheats. The dozer although muddy gave you a little open area to hunt. Very juicy looking permission. I couldn't take it any more the other day and went to a city park and plowed snow for a couple of hours for about a half buck in clad. Looks like mother nature is cutting us a little break right now. I would pound that sight for as long as possible. Good luck, Mark

Back
Top Bottom