What gear do you wear that's most important to you when metal detecting?

Golden

Elite Member
In the Aussie bush (or scrub) I wear my fishing vest which has heaps of pockets of all sizes, so I can fit different sized relics in each, one specifically for coins. I always wear my leather walking boots, jeans and thick socks, and a long sleeved flannel shirt, protection against possible snake, bull/inch long ants, spider bites and stinging nettle or ivy.
I also carry a very small first aid kit to treat either bites or stings.
Golden;)

Gear....

Knee pads. Seems I get down and crawl around and my knees were starting to show some horrible 'wear'. As much as I hate knee pads I figured it best to preserve what miles I have left on my knees by giving them bumpers. I'll force myself to use them because it sure does feel better than jamming a rock in the knees when getting into my work. They aren't cool but after I take stock of what I'm doing, headband, knife, probe, sweating profusely, cool doesn't really matter.

Comfortable shoes, a web belt that holds my trowel, a trash bag, and a water bottle, and sometimes a hat.

Bug spray for as soon as i step out of the car. Other than that? Kneepads.

I always wear gloves and knee pads. Being thin I don't have much cushion there. I also have an old pair of shoes that I keep in my trunk. Kneeling in dirt, grass and mud takes it's toll on good shoes, My digger and a bag for the trash and broken glass that I find. Headphones too. I don't carry any more than I have to. I keep the rest in my car where I can get it if I have to.

Back
Top Bottom