• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

High Plains Prospectors

Jturpin

Some buddies and I are all treasure hunters and decided to turn our hobby into an income source. We keep a fairly good video record of our finds and cool metal detecting experiences. Here is a picture of the trio who runs High Plains Prospectors, LLC out of Olathe, KS:
high_plains_prospectors_group_photo.png

We sell metal detecting and gold prospecting equipment and are always trying out new equipment while we are out hunting. We are loving the sport and the business! Please feel free to view some of our videos on YouTube channel Highplainsprospctor and give us any ideas you have or equipment you would like to see demonstrated!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MAXWCuDFD8w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Treasure Hunting Contest Win Free Gear!

I wanted to make everyone aware of a way to win cool prizes each month for metal detecting and gold prospecting. We will be hosting a treasure hunting contest for amateur metal detectorists and hobby gold prospectors each month and giving away a different prize each month.
This month's prize is for a Garrett Pro Pointer! The information is below:

Register-to-Win-Contest-Pro-Pointer.png

(You Must Register before Submitting Finds!)

1) Registration required to win (click on the Register Now button above, notification made via monthly newsletter).

2) Find must be documented via photograph or video (Submission instruction below).

3) Provide the following below:
a) Approximate Location of find (i.e. County, City, or Region).
b) Date of find.
c) Approximate depth.
d) Type of detector(s) used.
f) Other details: (i.e. weight, size, method of valuation, etc.)
g) Short description of the story behind the find.

4) Using the comments below, submit a picture or video. (Either use the click the “Choose File” button below for pictures or embed the code from YouTube. You may also send a link or photo via email to [email protected]).

5) It is an honor system. We don’t want to have to make any more rules…please keep it fun for everyone and don’t cheat! (Submissions are judged by the site administrator at it’s discretion.)

For more details visit our website at www.HighPlainsProspectors.com

A friend of mine just started a new social group on the forum called N.E. Kansas coin and relic hunters. Check it out if you are interested.

High Plains Prospectors will be setting up a booth at the Topeka Treasure Hunters national hunt on May 19th at the city park in Hoyt, Kansas. They will be a welcome addition to our hunt.

High Plains Prospectors will be setting up a booth at the Topeka Treasure Hunters national hunt on May 19th at the city park in Hoyt, Kansas. They will be a welcome addition to our hunt.

Sounds liek a blast Josh and Tyler are great guys and you'll surely have fun if you go!

Looking forward to seeing you guys this Sunday. At last count we had 67 detectorists coming so should be a good time. Hope the rain stays away.

Hunt Picture

Wanted to say thanks guys for attending the Topeka clubs hunt.

Attachments

• HPP.jpg
    HPP.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,327
Topeka Treasure Hunters Metal Detecting Contest

We had a great time! It was a heck of a set up. I learned a lot about competative metal detecting. It was amazing to see. I will have some awesome videos posted on YouTube shortly! Thank you guys!

New Store

That is all part of a grand plan and may happen soon. But for now we are staying put above the garden store...it seems to work just fine. We have a small retail display and a good stock of the essentials. We do have some walk in business but I would recommend calling before you stop in...especially if the weather is nice! Ph. 913-685-3647. We love chatting about metal detecting, gold prospecting, and history and enjoy the time we get to spend BS-ing with our clients and friends.

Happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom