Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Old 09-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Elite Member

Default Tools/finds bag advice

I'm looking for a new tool bag/finds bag. What are you all using to carry your tools and where did you get it?

I carry 3 diggers (bulb digger (primary), lesche, and composite), a small drywall saw for roots, a pinpointer, and a large rag for the dirt. Also has 2 small sections, one for trash, one for keepers. I like to be able to reach for my pinpointer and primary digger very quickly from the belt.

Has its own snap belt rather than requiring to be threaded onto a belt each time. Actually a repurposed running pack, but it is dead, and I can't find anything online or in home depot to replace it.

Any advice, especially pics, would be appreciated. TIA

Old 09-09-2019, 03:41 PM
Supporter

Hi Randy,

you should check out this thread.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=274464

Old 09-09-2019, 04:48 PM
Elite Member

I use a carpenter's tool pouch I bought from Lowe's. I use the holster for my Garrett Carrot slid on the belt. They sell many different styles depending on your needs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old 09-09-2019, 07:53 PM
Elite Member

I use a 2 pouch apron. The pinpointer I stick in the junk side. I swing with my right hand and carry my Sampson digger in my left. One digger does it all. Lesche hand diggers are fatiguing and they scratch coins. Go light and simple. Your body will thank you.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:18 PM
Supporter

I usually only carry a pouch on new permissions because thereís so many targets that I can fill up my Park Ranger bag in less than an hour. On my old hammered spots I donít even carry a pouch. So few targets remaining that I donít really need one. Pinpointer goes in my left pocket, long handled shovel hangs on my regular belt, and whatever few finds I get go in my right pocket.

Anyway, back on topic. I like the Park Ranger. Thereís plenty more info on it in that other thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk