Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Old 09-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Elite Member

Default Tools/finds bag advice

I'm looking for a new tool bag/finds bag. What are you all using to carry your tools and where did you get it?

I carry 3 diggers (bulb digger (primary), lesche, and composite), a small drywall saw for roots, a pinpointer, and a large rag for the dirt. Also has 2 small sections, one for trash, one for keepers. I like to be able to reach for my pinpointer and primary digger very quickly from the belt.

Has its own snap belt rather than requiring to be threaded onto a belt each time. Actually a repurposed running pack, but it is dead, and I can't find anything online or in home depot to replace it.

Any advice, especially pics, would be appreciated. TIA

Old 09-09-2019, 03:41 PM
Supporter

Hi Randy,

you should check out this thread.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=274464

Old 09-09-2019, 04:48 PM
Elite Member

I use a carpenter's tool pouch I bought from Lowe's. I use the holster for my Garrett Carrot slid on the belt. They sell many different styles depending on your needs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old 09-09-2019, 07:53 PM
Elite Member

I use a 2 pouch apron. The pinpointer I stick in the junk side. I swing with my right hand and carry my Sampson digger in my left. One digger does it all. Lesche hand diggers are fatiguing and they scratch coins. Go light and simple. Your body will thank you.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:18 PM
Supporter

I usually only carry a pouch on new permissions because thereís so many targets that I can fill up my Park Ranger bag in less than an hour. On my old hammered spots I donít even carry a pouch. So few targets remaining that I donít really need one. Pinpointer goes in my left pocket, long handled shovel hangs on my regular belt, and whatever few finds I get go in my right pocket.

Anyway, back on topic. I like the Park Ranger. Thereís plenty more info on it in that other thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-09-2019, 08:43 PM

I got a tactical side pouch for my gear. One of those packs you see soldiers carry on their hips. It has a lot of loops and stuff which I can hook things onto, multiple pockets, and it looks cool too lol.

Old 11-10-2019, 01:11 PM
Elite Member

Do you have a link, by chance?

Thanks!

Steve

Originally Posted by DetecTom View post
I got a tactical side pouch for my gear. One of those packs you see soldiers carry on their hips. It has a lot of loops and stuff which I can hook things onto, multiple pockets, and it looks cool too lol.

Old 11-10-2019, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by steveg View post
Do you have a link, by chance?

Thanks!

Steve
Hey Steve, I got mine off of eBay. I canít find the exact one, but Itís something like this. Mine is strictly for the waist. This example has waist and thigh straps, but these tactical side pouches make great hunting companions. A lot of space, tons of pockets, straps for tools, and hooks for stuff as well.

Protector Plus Unistrengh Military Tactical Drop Leg Bag Fanny Tool Thigh Pack MOLLE Panel Utility Pouch Cross Over Leg Rig Versipack for Motorcycle Outdoor Bike Cycling Travel (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075T7BCGB..._RqkYDbFRPJ3F1

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:28 PM
Elite Member

Tom,

Thanks for finding that link for me. I can see why you like that; VERY nice...

I am going to keep my eyes peeled now, for something similar, but a tiny bit less "elaborate," which is what it sounds like yours is.

Thank you!

Steve

Old 11-11-2019, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by steveg View post
Tom,

Thanks for finding that link for me. I can see why you like that; VERY nice...

I am going to keep my eyes peeled now, for something similar, but a tiny bit less "elaborate," which is what it sounds like yours is.

Thank you!

Steve
No problem, Steve. Yeah- the one I got is definitely less elaborate than that one- and I donít like thigh straps or anything, but as far as pouches go- tactical pouches definitely make carrying things a bit easier. Iíll try to find something like mine and post a link.

EDIT: This one here is a smaller, simplified version without all the flash of the other one. This is closer to what I have and can be attached to your belt.

AMYIPO MOLLE Pouch Multi-Purpose Compact Tactical Waist Bags Small Utility Pouch (Black Small Pouch -(2 PCS)) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G45821H..._L5pYDb8C4T5CC

Old 11-11-2019, 11:29 AM
Elite Member

Very nice, Tom. Thank you for the additional link. I'm thinking something like this might do perfectly, for me...

Steve

Old 11-11-2019, 10:49 PM

Iím glad I could help! Good luck!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:25 PM

I like the Omega Mills Relic Elite pouch.

It has very high quality stitching, material, and zippers.