• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Finished up the milk bottle dump

LOS3R, I usually have found full cans of beer at the beach, usually buried by underage youthful drinkers when the Beach Patrol is doing a sweep :lol: The boot glass is cool, I have a few that advertise beer on them.
That whiskey brand I've never seen before. The "Federal Law forbids..." on it started to be used about 1933-35 or so, and was used till around 1964, though the style of your bottle looks like that earlier period. Here's some info:
http://www.bottlebooks.com/federal_law_prohibits_.htm
https://www.antiquebottles-glass.com/learn/federal-law-forbids-sale-or-reuse-of-this-bottle/

84fcc3feb0a3b20af08718d500b0f833.jpg
41a7a745a4f8b9839742064f23a8ca57.jpg
found with late 1800s-1900s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9ca238cb43da3a2a5105e7e4c2691794.jpg
6e33aad02866e4ccc9a872cae5adb3c1.jpg

Says “federal law forbids sale or re-use of this bottle”

Dixie belle

One pint

Any help with info on these? Btw these are all finds on a hillside between a 1964 house and a 1930s log road that is also civil war territory, in West Virginia so dates go back forever, I’ve found dated as old as 1876

Sorry to steal your thread, you just seem to have the right knowledge

LOS3R that boot is smaller than I thought. It could be a figural piece. (art glass). Not sure. The second picture of the bottom is most likely Diamond Glass Co. of Pennsylvania 1949. Owens-Illinois had a similar mark. That Clairol is womens' hair dye. Can't tell if the date is marked, not all bottles are. I'd guess 1930s-40s. (They started in 1931).

LOS3R that boot is smaller than I thought. It could be a figural piece. (art glass). Not sure. The second picture of the bottom is most likely Diamond Glass Co. of Pennsylvania 1949. Owens-Illinois had a similar mark. That Clairol is womens' hair dye. Can't tell if the date is marked, not all bottles are. I'd guess 1930s-40s. (They started in 1931).

Thanks a lot! I love the boot lol. Just barely spotted it, thought it was just busted glass at first. Good call on the middle bottle, looks right to me. The clairol bottle I figured was hair dye but wasn’t sure, it has no other markings at all aside from what I previously wrote.

Back
Top Bottom