How to get the value out of a diamond embedded gold earring?

Brizors

So I found a 10k gold earring with 7 small P1 rated diamonds in them. It says P1 on the inside of the earring this is how I know they are actually diamonds and probably worth something.

Problem is if I take it to my local cash for gold place which gives me 85% of gold value. I will not get anything for the diamonds, and that really sucks.

I am wondering what the best way to go about this is in terms of getting a dollar value out of the gold AND the 7 P1 diamonds? The earring reads VA 10K and then 2 star symbols and a pliers symbol or a ring symbol I'm not sure. On the rod that clasps it reads P1 10K.

Here are some pics of the earring:

obNAKVY.jpg

1fqvoLX.jpg

6EfrU6K.jpg

rue6OUd.png

LeoWpCu.png

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but diamonds that small are pretty worthless. Diamonds only have any real value from 1/4 carat and up and then the quality of the diamond affects the value. Stones that small are typically low grade and full of inclusions. Just the fact that they are set in only 10 KT tells me that. I suspect you have very little diamond value on that piece. I am a jeweler and my opinion is based on many years of experience. The larger the stone and the fewer the inclusions is what gives a diamond value. The only true value in your piece is the gold value and the diamonds in the ear ring were placed there as ornamentation. I should ad that 7 P1 means there are 7, .1 a piece of a carat diamonds on the piece for a total diamond weight of .7 of a carat.

Last edited:
I would see what a similar earing is going for on ebay. I know it's not a lot of metal or diamonds, and it's not a pair, you never know. Some people see 'diamond earing' and get all excited.

ARA will give you 98% melt value and ship the stones back to you. But, as stated earlier...those stones aren't worth much (if anything at all).

Thanks for the replies guys, I really appreciate it. I have another questions... My dad has bags and bags full of computer spring loaded pins that are gold plated or at least each one is made of some sort of gold. I am talking about 5 bags each weighing around 4 to 5 pounds, so A LOT of gold plated pins!!!

My questions is what is his best way of getting value out of them, would it be sending them to ARA and have them melt or refine the gold out and give him the money for the gold?

Back
Top Bottom