Where is Rudy?

Rudy

Admin
Ok, two photographic hints, though I am afraid that some of our members will ace this, based on their location.

IMG_4067.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

What's your guess?

Tower of London.

Could have been one of a lot of towers in the Brittish iSles but the monkey gave it away.

:goodjob:

I can see I'm going to have to be more cagey in the future. I thought somebody like Alan would be the first one with the answer.:yes:

BTW: The monkeys are made of chicken wire. Amazing!

Additional photos

For your enjoyment, here are some additional shots of the London Tower complex. Unfortunately, no photography is allowed in the huge vault that holds the (royal) family jewels, a veritable pirate's treasure.

One of the battlements with the iconic Tower Bridge in the background.
IMG_4074.jpg

One of the guards wearing the traditional bear hat.
IMG_4082.jpg

The Tower of London is not only a museum, it still houses a regiment of Royal soldiers (~ 1000 soldiers are billeted here) and someone has their laundry out. :lol:
IMG_4087.jpg

Another bear hatted guard making his rounds.
IMG_4092.jpg

A couple of shots of the Armory. Man! Imagine if WD-40 existed back then. :lol:
IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

The iconic London Tower Bridge. You can see we are in for some heavy rain and indeed, we were and considering our weather in Beaumont was 115 degrees the day before, I loved getting wet.
IMG_4102.jpg

Another thread helped with how to find even more info out about a photo, how's this as far as the first photo ? :lol:

Model camera used: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS
Aperture: 3.2
Exposure Time: 1/800 (0.00125 sec)
Focal Length: 6.8 mm

(also the location, but that was already mentioned)

Neat photos, thanks for sharing !!!!

Nice pics Rudy , there's a lot of history to be learned there. Can you even walk around there without the urge to just start digging in the ground to see what's under your feet ??
One more thing here, I must be ascended from royalty myself,,,,because I don't allow any pictures of where I house my family jewels either,,,,,:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:,,,,sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

Nice pics Rudy , there's a lot of history to be learned there.

For sure! The Tower of London was founded towards the end of 1066 as part of the Norman Conquest of England. The White Tower, which gives the entire castle its name, was built by William the Conqueror in 1078.

A grand palace early in its history, it served as a royal residence. As a whole, the Tower is a complex of several buildings set within two concentric rings of defensive walls and a moat. There were several phases of expansion, mainly under Kings Richard the Lionheart, Henry III, and Edward I in the 12th and 13th centuries.

How's that for history? WOW!

Ok, two photographic hints, though I am afraid that some of our members will ace this, based on their location.
What's your guess?

You have five minutes to get out of my back yard, or else I am calling the police... I am getting sick and tired of you tourists trespassing on my lawn.

Recognized it immediately. Been there a few times when stationed over there in the 90's. If you are still there make sure you check out the London Dungeon. That place is just insane for a wax museum showing alot of the morbid history of the country. Must see.

Nice pics.
Lived about 60 miles from there once.
Stupid me should have got into detecting when I live there.
But I didn't.
Would have been interesting.

I actually like the weather there.
No too cold in winters usually.

Thanks for sharing pics.
Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks guys, glad you liked them. I'm off to new places but my internet connection is slow and expensive (satellite). So we'll see about any new pictures.

Looking forward to the new pics. Great pics and great history lessons for some of us that would never get to see some of those places. Thanks again.

Thanks guys, glad you liked them. I'm off to new places but my internet connection is slow and expensive (satellite). So we'll see about any new pictures.

Maybe you could compress them in a zip file and send them to someone you know with a faster connection and they could post them on your behalf. (I'm not sure how much photos can compress though)

Also, Maybe this might help once they develop it to work with internet connections -

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/object-teleport-space-successful-scientists-a7836956.html

quote from the above link -

"The success could bring with it a whole range of uses –
including a quantum internet that connects different parts of the world at seemingly impossible speed."

Maybe you could compress them in a zip file and send them to someone you know with a faster connection and they could post them on your behalf. (I'm not sure how much photos can compress though)

I am afraid that jpeg files don't compress much further by zipping as the jpeg format is already compressed.

Back
Top Bottom