automatic updates

schmitzplumbing

Forum Supporter
when I stay logged in on new posts, why do I have to update it to see new posts? I also frequent lake link, a fishing forum. when I am on the fishing report section, every time a new post comes up, its automatically there. you never have to click to update it. it will say, 3 seconds ago. 3 minutes ago, 2 days ago.... its a nice feature.

when I stay logged in on new posts, why do I have to update it to see new posts? I also frequent lake link, a fishing forum. when I am on the fishing report section, every time a new post comes up, its automatically there. you never have to click to update it. it will say, 3 seconds ago. 3 minutes ago, 2 days ago.... its a nice feature.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but there are many different forums that use different software with different features.

if I walk away from my computer, I have to update it to see the latest posts. the lake-link site is always updated. I never have to click on anything to see the newest post. it constantly has the newest post on top of the screen. if I click to lake link right now, it will show the latest post on top. I don't have to update it.

Yes, using what little energy reserves I have to hit that New Posts button to refresh the list is just a horrible, horrible thing.
Can't believe Vlad puts us through all this, he must not care at all.

not ripping on anyone. just trying to improve the best forum on this planet. ps I had to click on the new posts to see that you posted this. that's my point.

I got it now.

This forum software is like an old truck with a manual transmission, very reliable but requires user input to keep you awake :p

I found the lake link forum but could not figure out who makes that software?

Back
Top Bottom