If You Use Photobucket To Post Pics, It's Soon Going To Cost $399.00

It seems I was wrong about Photobucket. It now won't even let me upload photos. I'm going to have to look elsewhere.

I have gone over to 'imgur' to try, working fine up to now.

Do you pay for that Doug ?....As I read.....NO linking or 3rd party hosting allowed! Although you seem to have done !

Maybe the info posted was out of date. Either way, with the demise of a free
Photobucket service, others are likely to go down the same route.

Do you pay for that Doug ?....As I read.....NO linking or 3rd party hosting allowed! Although you seem to have done !

Maybe the info posted was out of date. Either way, with the demise of a free
Photobucket service, others are likely to go down the same route.

Although I have not been effected by PB, I just trawled the net for a replacement, the same choices for 'sharing' are the same as PB?

From last week.

Y2KomwW.jpg

Well it seems to work ok for you Doug. I have decided to go with Flickr,
although I can't say I really like it.

Ok, so from Photobucket's perspective, it's clearly an issue of bandwidth use - I guess they've decided that if their service is getting pounded to supplement the bandwidth for half the forums on the planet, they may as well get paid for it :grin: Can't really blame them for trying I suppose - but as I said above, if they did it with the plan to increase revenue, they're crazy - no one will do it at that price point. If it was intentional to get bandwidth use under control, I guarantee they were wildly successful :lol: I'm not sure they completely thought through the impact from a mass exodus of users, though :laughing:
It's called greed and blackmail/extortion. They've been getting paid all along by the companies that advertise on their site. So they either reached the limit of what they could bilk them for, and/or they decided to cash in by extorting their users because they thought they had us all over a barrel.

After 10+yrs of storing stuff on their forum I'm bailing because of it. They laid waste to a decade of online information illustrations, and I hope that they go the way of the Dodo, because they deserve to for what amounts to criminal activity.

While looking for an alternative to PB, I noted that many don't allow
hot-linking to 3rd party sites, and those who do, mostly have a monthly or
yearly fee. As I mentioned above, it wouldn't surprise me if Flickr eventually
went the same way. Although as it's run by Yahoo who aren't exactly
strapped for cash, possibly not ?

Much of this forum, and most other forums (for everything) are now historically speaking, almost worthless..

They obviously have control over what gets displayed, in every spot, anyone, has ever posted a picture... With that said, I'm betting they just gotta be really close to running adds, in place of this, until you pay, or delete, your links. Most forums have a time limit for editing purposes, which would almost guarantee perfect add placement lol..

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20170725_231942.jpg
    IMG_20170725_231942.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 80
Photobucket has sucked for years with all their off the hook adds, half the time the sight would not work properly since it was so flooded with different adds. There comes a point when the adds were killing their ability to have a decent product. I only kept them since I had had them for years. With this latest ploy I dumped them like a hot potato. I forsee them going out of business or going back to free soon.. I need to go over to imgur and try it out.

They might be able to make a mint, on selling advertising where all the other pictures once were... They don't want anyone to pay the $400.. They are banking on us not paying it..

<°)))>{

They might be able to make a mint, on selling advertising where all the other pictures once were... They don't want anyone to pay the $400.. They are banking on us not paying it..

<°)))>{
Any evidence of that and I could about guarantee a class action law suit.

Any evidence of that and I could about guarantee a class action law suit.

Well, in a way, they've already replaced everyone's pictures across the world wide web, and replaced it with an image that includes their website...

<°)))>{

Yes, this PhotoBucket thing really SUCKS and has messed up many threads here!:mad:

But, you can upload your pictures direct to the Forum w/o using using a 3rd Party hosting site.

The problem with that is you have to resize everything to a small photo. This day and age 99% of all photos are way bigger. This websight does not automatically make them smaller so it is kind of a pain.

The problem with that is you have to resize everything to a small photo. This day and age 99% of all photos are way bigger. This websight does not automatically make them smaller so it is kind of a pain.

I use my phone, take the picture, slightly larger, then by cropping it, it's also then resized..

Another way to resize easily.. Take a screenshot of your picture, and post that.

<°)))>{

It is doable but cropping alone won't get a pic small enough and a lot of phone's it isn't easy to resize. All I am getting at is most websights automatically down size the image when you load it to the websight. Like tnet.. I think you would get a lot more usage if this sight was like that for simplicity sake. Love the sight here :) just making a suggestion.

One thing that was nice about photo bucket was after years worth of pictures are posted.. If you want to share one of those pictures, you could grab the code from your old post, to share the same picture on another post. You don't need to have the actual picture on your device..

I wonder if anyone has actually paid the ransom yet?

<°)))>{

I always just email myself pictures, then if i want to post them here i go in my email and drop them to the desktop and attach to my post, i have never had a problem doing it that way.

There are a number of alternatives to PB, but I have yet to find one as easy to use. I have opened an account on Flickr, but find it really fussy to use.
For the odd photo, "PostImages" works well. When looking around for free options I've found that many look good, but don't allow 3rd party hosting.

This one is worth a look.
http://www.forumimagehosting.com

Yes, this PhotoBucket thing really SUCKS and has messed up many threads here!:mad:

But, you can upload your pictures direct to the Forum w/o using using a 3rd Party hosting site.

Morning Ron.

From what I understand we are limited to the numbers of photographs (memory size) that we can have at anyone time on the forum?

Once we reach our limit we have to delete 'X' numbers of photographs so we can submit more photographs.

I tend to post a lot of photographs on the forum so using a third part site makes life a lot easier for me.........Doug.

Back
Top Bottom