Another good hunt

Larbo

I hunted for a few hours with my AT Pro at a good spot I found a couple of months ago. I found a lot of coins from the 1600, 1700 and early 1900's as usual. My best find was the clump of at least 12 coins. I can't see the details but they are probably Kanei Tsuho from the 1600 and 1700's. I'm not sure but there may be a few iron coins mixed in too.

You find old coins stuck together like this sometimes in Japan because they were carried on strings. I have found other clumps in this area so some lost at least one string of coins here at some point. The bottom picture is right after I found it before cleaning.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing; I feel like you don't see many finds from overseas on here and that clump of coins is great!

Thanks for sharing; I feel like you don't see many finds from overseas on here and that clump of coins is great!

Thanks! I noticed that there are not many overseas finds posted. There are a lot members who are located in Japan but there is almost no activity in the detecting Japan group and I don't see many post on the main forum either.

Yeah thanks for sharing your finds. I really love Japan and the people were great when I visited on business. I NEVER felt unsafe there (except for maybe one taxi ride in Nagoya LOL).

Yeah thanks for sharing your finds. I really love Japan and the people were great when I visited on business. I NEVER felt unsafe there (except for maybe one taxi ride in Nagoya LOL).

Bring your detector next time you are here. It might be hard to find a place to hunt at first but you can always try a beach. Most place are completely unhunted or just slightly hunted. A few places around me are heavily hunted though so don't go there;).

That coin clump is cool! I guess it makes complete sense for coins with holes in the middle like that...it would be a very handy way to transport coins...Nice finds!

Clumps like that are awesome, the excitement of peeling them apart is a great feeling!

I didn't take them apart. I know what kind of coins they probably are. They are more interesting stuck together like they are now. I did find 2 really old 1000+ coins stuck together last year so sometimes you get surprised.

This is just a random photo from the internet but I guess they where carried on a string like this. It explains why it's not that uncommon to find coins stuck together like this. I wonder how someone lost such a large number of coins at one time though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom