Dug 4 targets,updated

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
Just got in ,raining like crazy today.Did a work estimate and decided to hit up a old spot for a few minutes,,dug these 3 and one not shown was a clock gear I pitched in the woods..Not cleaned yet but ones a Indian I think,wonder what the other is? Lol..the small lead thing is a sinker I think..I like the omegga 8500,really leaves the junk behind and hits hard on coins,used the 10 inch concentric today.

Attachments

• AE8EBF23-0078-4805-B281-C075E12C82F9.jpg
    AE8EBF23-0078-4805-B281-C075E12C82F9.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Congrats on your finds! :detector:

To me, the coin on the right looks like it is an early year Canadian small cent rather than a IHP. If you compare the lettering on the words "ONE CENT" it looks closer to a Canadian cent because of the font and because on the Canadian cent the letters "O" looks to be directly above the letter "C" rather than being slightly off like the IHP. (Images below are from Bing.com)
473px-1909-S_Indian_Head_cent_reverse.jpg
s-l1000.jpg

Also, on yours it looks like it might have the 2 arrows and a dot below the cent (like the Canadian cent). No matter what it is, very nice finds. :D

Congrats on your finds! :detector:

To me, the coin on the right looks like it is an early year Canadian small cent rather than a IHP. If you compare the lettering on the words "ONE CENT" it looks closer to a Canadian cent because of the font and because on the Canadian cent the letters "O" looks to be directly above the letter "C" rather than being slightly off like the IHP. (Images below are from Bing.com)
473px-1909-S_Indian_Head_cent_reverse.jpg
s-l1000.jpg

Also, on yours it looks like it might have the 2 arrows and a dot below the cent (like the Canadian cent). No matter what it is, very nice finds. :D

Nice little hunt Butcher. I agree with Wolf, that does look like a Canadian Penny. We will know for sure after the cleaning. Trapper

You guys were right,it was a 1920 Canadian wheat penny..The other was a 1892 Indian head penny..They both need some more cleaning tho,I have them soaking in soapy water..Never thought much about a Canadian wheat penny,it was jumping from mid to high tone so I really thought it might be my first flying penny..oh well,I’m glad to have it and the Indian,,they don’t come too often..thanks for the help and ID

Attachments

• 2C35DDB6-AC7D-474B-8291-E529E6B5A206.jpg
    2C35DDB6-AC7D-474B-8291-E529E6B5A206.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 273
Nice finds. Was that with the Omega?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes,I had the omegga 8500 with stock 10 concentric coil.Visual ID is really good on that machine..

I just looked up the 1892 ihp,it’s kinda a rare date

Nice. I found a lot of dirt gold with my Omegas. If you got a solid tone just below nickel you really need to dig it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom