Newbie from Ohio

DiggnDixie

Hello all from Ohio! I am relatively new to detecting, I have wanted a detector since I was a kid and have had the privilege of using my uncles a couple times in the late 90's. Well, 20 years later I finally got one to call my own (Bounty Hunter "Quick Silver"). Seems to be a good detector for a beginner and have already unearthed some cool things in the last couple days since my purchase, at least for me anyway haha. Including a couple flat buttons, a "hot rock" (is it a meteorite? I am gonna look into the Sticky posted by Glennz momentarily), a silver ring, a wristwatch (minus the straps), a brass money clip WITH NAME INSCRIPTION! and some unidentified farm finds that I just posted pictures of in the "Help To I.D. My Finds" section.

So here's my hello to all and I look forward to sharing my finds and hearing and seeing yours! Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Here's a quick pic of the majority of my finds so far (minus the beloved aluminum siding and can-slaw)

Attachments

• 79-resized.jpg
    79-resized.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 215
Welcome from the Garden State
You save your pull tabs?

Thank you all for the warm welcome. No joee5, I will not keep my pull tabs, I just took a picture of everything I've found so far. But that helps bring up a question that I've been pondering all day, what does everyone do with their "junk" finds/iron, pull tabs, etc? Every few months I take my aluminum cans to a metal recycler for a little extra $ (and have started a separate pile for my can-slaw) but iron scrap is way down the last several months, and I'm wondering if I should just start a pile and turn it in once I get a good amount or not even waste my time...
Please respond with your comments and suggestions, I'd really like to know!!

Welcome from Guernsey County Ohio!!!!! Always love seeing other Ohio hunters in here!!!

Thanks for making yourself known, I enjoy just as much knowing there are other Ohio hunters on here! With this humidity the last couple days, I've been experimenting with night-hunting and I must say it is quite fun!! Time to go out for round #2 :signals:

Welcome from Hawaii. You mentioned a meteorite. If it has a fusion crust (looks like it's been blowtorched) and/or thumbprints (dents in the rock looks like it was a piece of clay you pressed your thumb into). Then very possibility it's a meteorite

Back
Top Bottom