MX Sport review ( looks like updated unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bet a couple cookies that it would be hard to get that fellow to say something bad about that machine:no:

I would bet a couple cookies that it would be hard to get that fellow to say something bad about that machine:no:

You could be right,,, what I find interesting is his comment,, " folks shouldn't have any problems with depth"",, he bases this it seems on airtest data..

Would be nice to see more In ground depth test data,, and maybe he will provide,, but the gent lives in Fla I believe-- pretty mild soil there.

But at least he has posted some info.

And I wonder why this gent didn't test original unit???? To begin with?

I mean for a super moderator to be able to answer questions on what seems like more of a brand specific forum-- they would need to at least run the unit.. Gee you reckon.

You know,, you just can't make this stuff up!!!

You could be right,,, what I find interesting is his comment,, " folks shouldn't have any problems with depth"",, he bases this it seems on airtest data..

Would be nice to see more In ground depth test data,, and maybe he will provide,, but the gent lives in Fla I believe-- pretty mild soil there.

But at least he has posted some info.

And I wonder why this gent didn't test original unit???? To begin with?

I mean for a super moderator to be able to answer questions on what seems like more of a brand specific forum-- they would need to at least run the unit.. Gee you reckon.

You know,, you just can't make this stuff up!!!

it's actually harder to get depth here in Florida than perhaps almost anywhere. Our dry soil is like beach sand. It rains it is bone dry in a couple days down over a foot where I live. And I've tried several expensive heaters including a CTX, V3i, etc. An MXT actually gets about the deepest in places I hunt.

By the way. That guys V3i beach settings suct where I live in Florida:lol:

Forgot to add. The V3i 10" DD reminded you of Frankensteins shoe. I hated that coil! If the new one is lighter it is a bonus. I'd hate to see the coil sealed again. Also in Florida I'd imagine you need to use the 950 and 6x10 coils and leave the 10" DD in the box. The 950 and the DFX and MXT are deadly. The 10" DD wasn't getting it done for me or a friend who has been using whites for about 38 years.

10dd coil for its size= boat anchor!!!

And the coil mounting spot-- too far back.

Just imagine boat anchor weight coil + boat anchor weight detector = Deus

This ain't fuzzy math here going on either.

Unless they changed you also can't talk about using an SEF coil over there either. My friend found out the easy way:lol:

Here's what I can't figure out...

Garrett on their At Pro put an 11" coil.
Fisher puts on 11" coils on their flagships.
Minelab put on 11" coils stock.
Makro put an 11" coil on as stock
Nokta put an 11" coil on as stock
Blisstool uses 11" as stock coil
But,,
White's puts on 10" or 9.5" coil.

I wonder why???

Here's what I can't figure out...

Garrett on their At Pro put an 11" coil.
Fisher puts on 11" coils on their flagships.
Minelab put on 11" coils stock.
Makro put an 11" coil on as stock
Nokta put an 11" coil on as stock
Blisstool uses 11" as stock coil
But,,
White's puts on 10" or 9.5" coil.

I wonder why???

When they tried making the Super 12" a stock coil they got a lot of backlash. The 950 is their best coil usually for covering all the U.S. But if they ever successfully reverse engineer the Bigfoot coil one of these days it will make them some bucks. Not many out of manufacture coils someone will throw down 850 bucks for. But they will for a DFX bigfoot coil:shock::lol:

I used a super 12 coil.

But why don't White's make a sensible weighted 11" coil??? To use as a stock coil.

I think they spent too much on the color display, etc on V3i-- too much R&D loot,,they admitted to seven years development,,if true.

They could have actually made the V3i screen do all it does function wise with its different screens using NO color.

All they had to do is have the lines representing frequency labeled vs colored.

And the color turned the detector into battery hog.

And besides no one else was running color screen at the time,,,and even now no one really is (CTX) I wouldn't call color.

When they were designing V3i,, that is when they should have made their transition going from the box type design,, to something more modern looking,,and by all means they should have incorporated USB plug with capability to update,,and give users a way to enter/ change their hunt programs.

And if they would have done this,,Xp Deus sure wouldn't have took off the way it did,,,and V3i platform would more than likely still be considered a serious contender.

USA manufacturers can and some have/had their numbers dialed long distance via from countries like France, Turkey, Ireland, Malaysia, Australia

I actually like most aspects of the V3i. Just not a good beach machine. I'm trying to call a buddy of mine who has been using Whites exclusively a lot longer than Dafox and see if he got his MX sport yet. Dude won't answer the phone:mad::lol:

Well global marketing,, we have seen it going on now for a while.

We have seen the big three automakers take hits,,we have seen tv makers take hits,, guns, cell phones,,,, this all happened or was/is going on,,,, so why couldn't a metal detector maker inside the USA think they would be immune???

So, if folks would have took notice,, and planned accordingly,, they could have headed off much better.

And they are not alone here either-- the heat is on.

I wonder has White's by trying to stand behind their motto,, made in the USA-- has it stifled them??

They seriously need a marketing representative to actually post and talk detector info, and answer questions about merchandise.

And use the forums to their disposal,, all they need is to become part of a forums sponsorship.

And to cut and paste good accurate info about product offerings, technical specs,, doesn't take a lot of work or time.

And to have actual in field videos of their equipment being used wouldn't hurt either.

They need a name who folks can depend on to talk issues, answer questions,, be the go between from customer back to manufacturer.

I think this job/ position would be a worthy one too.

More folks are using the Internet,, far more than yesteryear,,even the older folks.

Folks want to believe their feelings and thoughts are indeed being heard by the manufacturer

They also want to brag about their merchandise-- if it is deserving

I've been critical of White's for good reason,,, but I'm just not a complainer, I give recommendations and many times reasons for my recommendations.

Good companies will undoubtably face huge challenges,, but the challenges are easier to solve with foresight, teamwork, good customer relations, good communications, good advertisement, good service and most important making great products.

Agreed! The sport I had,should still have been in testing phase , had they actually had an experienced dectorist really test this machine it would never been released it would have gone back to development where it needed further refinement!

Whites should spend more time listening to what their users/buyers want and less time making silly videos of throwing their detector in water, staging a secret sneak peek, and sending their testing team out hiding Easter eggs with bunny ears on.

If Whites wants to be put out a successful machine, they better start taking things seriously. Enough with the silly b.s.

Whites should spend more time listening to what their users/buyers want and less time making silly videos of throwing their detector in water, staging a secret sneak peek, and sending their testing team out hiding Easter eggs with bunny ears on.

If Whites wants to be put out a successful machine, they better start taking things seriously. Enough with the silly b.s.

I think part of their problem too,, is the fact a lot of the older generation folks who used to be customers,, have either got too old to detect, or have died.

So younger generations are left for customers.
And younger generations are more internet savvy,,they pay attention,,to other detector makers with their models.

They see what other manufacturers detectors are doing in the field,, what they are finding, how deep, and in what kind of sites.

And here is a biggie--- how easy is the machine to set up to hunt.

Folks like simplicity and performance all rolled into one--- they sure don't want to spend their spare time trying Or having to be a mad scientist,,, in figuring out how to get a detector to hunt properly.

Just basically common sense,, when one thinks about it.

I guess we'll see where they go and how they wind up.

I guess the problem I have is,,, if I can see these things,, why can't they??

I'm just a retired GI with no advanced educational degree,, but I do pay attention.

They do have good service on what they sell,,,but this will only get a manufacturer so far.
Heck Minelab won't even do a repair on any of the explorers except for se pro.
And it seems folks keep buying Minelab,, maybe White's should follow suit.

It would be interesting to know,, just how much floor/ storage space they have tied up in spare parts for older units-- maybe if the cut repairs on some of the older units..they could open up some space for real detector development.

I mean,, their repairs are it seems cheaper than most-- are they really making any money doing???

Maybe they have their wires crossed. Sometimes we as humans get used to a system,, and when times change we don't..Maybe this is the culprit with them.

I do know when I was in the military,,,from a leadership and management standpoint,, the motto was be lean and mean-- for the DoD forces to survive economically ,, and it seems Minelab has done just that.

Myself being in the military,, I had to change with the times,, keep a bird's eye view at to what was happening, adapt quickly if needed,,and always keep the big picture in mind.

I think companies must do this to remain competitive.

I know this may not sound politically correct,, but a company must view their competition as the enemy,, and as such they should act as if they are at war with them,,,in doing so,,try and outsmart them using tactics and strategy.
And planning here are the real keys.

I also wonder for example,,, how many flagship detectors do they have in the planning/ developmental stages-- IMO they should have 2 at all times,, mind you flagship detectors,, and when one of these 2 is released,, they need another added.

Must stay ahead,, keep the pipeline primed.

And always having 2 in the planning/developmental stages-- means you always have a spare in case something dreadful goes wrong.

Whites is very much like Buick in that sense. Resting on their laurels of being a once industry leader.

Buick is going through a HUGE identity crisis right now. Just watch their commercials where young couples mistake them for something else and act all surprised to find out it's a Buick.
In the 40s and 50s Buicks were THE car to have. 20-30 somethings bought them up.. Now those guys are dying off or unable to drive anymore and Buick is really struggling to attract young buyers. I'm 31 and would not even consider a Buick and I'm not alone among my peers. The last cool Buick was the Grand National!

The brand will likely be dead within a decade.

Whites is heading toward this same fate if they don't pull it together. Freshen up your lineup. Move to faster recovery, real time audio and away from 80's Atari video game audio. Ditch the bulky metal lunch box cases. Keep the MXT/TDI metal box for relic hunting durability.

A HUGE step would to give us a new multi-frequency beach detector, with a screen, sharp audio and a DD coil that does not float.. In my opinion the saltwater beach side of detecting has been seriously neglected. The CTX3030 was the latest offering by any manufacturer that appeals to the saltwater beach hunters 4 years ago. The Excal and CZ21 are 25+ year old technology!!! The guys after gold will pay more for machines than your typical coin shooter or even relic hunter. Successful beach hunters tend to pay their machines off much more quickly than coin/relic guys. They also part with their finds for monetary value, something very few serious coin/relic hunters do. Whites could potentially rebound BIG TIME with a CTX/Excalibur/CZ21 killer. Just my 0.2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom