Custom AT Pro Maiden Voyage Scores Silver & Gold

Saltshaker

Forum Supporter
So I finally got to take out my AT Pro that I rebuilt on a straight shaft and remote PP mod (featured here) for a nice test run.

I took it to an area that was heavy in rocks and iron which was a great place to use the new coil as well. I gotta say, once I got used to the coil, it was like a whole new machine. I was hitting more targets that I expected. The NEL 3.5 X 6.5 coil itself was very sensitive but slowing down, it was able to pick up those hidden high tones that turned this trash pile into a all new game.

Having the unit on the straight shaft was much more comfortable especially in the deep water. I still need to make a few PP adjustments but overall it was a decent first run and the mod worked good. I ended up with 22 coins including a Wheatie. An old silver earring, a silver belly button ring. 2 junkers...well 1 and a half junkers :grin: a 2006 class ring (research pending) which has 14K gold on top and I think the rest is silver. Plus a stainless spinner ring to end the day.

Not bad for a labor day hunt. Im happy with it.

Attachments

• finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 420
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 351
:dingding: Congrats on a successful hunt with the new setup! I have yet to score a class ring in all my years.

Nice haul SS. Looks like a fun hunt!

R5

Nice modification. and nice finds! I guess with that set up, you rely on tone sounds rather than VDI?

Back
Top Bottom