We have a winner! The man I was thinking of was Bruce McGill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlefoot

Headstamp Addict
I posted a couple of pics in the Everything Else area. I know that I have seen the image on the right before. A suggestion was made that I might make this identification a contest, so here it is.

picture.php

If you can either ID this person, or ID the person that I am thinking it is, I will send you this new, never used, coroner's toe tag. This is the real deal guys and gals. It is a prop that was left over from a music video shoot I did years ago. It's not much, but it is different...and I really don't have a lot of neat things that aren't headstamp related.

picture.php

picture.php

Brigham Young was the first person to come to mind, but I don't think it's him.

Attachments

• Brigham-Young.jpg
    Brigham-Young.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 711
Not making it hard are you?? :lol:

:lol:

Not trying to. The face is one that I have seen before and the exact image on the right has been seen by me. I forgot again to put that these images were taken in Boston.

I am probably delusional and this guy is probably just some unknown face lost to time and the face in my memory was the guy standing behind me at McDonalds yesterday.

Doug

Do you have the hard copy of this photo or did you find it on the web, if the web, where?

Do you have the hard copy of this photo or did you find it on the web, if the web, where?

I own the original images that I scanned in. These came from a collection that included an image of Horace Greely and a couple of occupationals. The person that I bought these from kept three images that came from the same album and they were U.S. Grant, Chester Arthur and Grover Cleveland

The image that I have seen before (on the right) was taken by J.W. Black from Boston. He was a rather famous photographer and took some well known images.

Last edited:
he was in Boston http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?v...9cbdb01c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1

I was sitting with Brigham Young in the depot in the city of Boston at the time when the two prophets [Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum] were martyred. Of course we had no telegraphs and no fast reports as we have today to give communication over the land. During that period Brother Young was waiting there for a train of cars to go to Peterborough. Whilst sitting there we were overshadowed by a cloud of darkness and gloom as great as I ever witnessed in my life. … Neither of us knew or understood the cause until after the report of the death of the prophets was manifested to us. Brother Brigham left; I remained in Boston, and the next day took passage for Fox Islands, a place I had visited some years before, and baptized numbers of people and organized branches upon both those islands. My father-in-law, Ezra Carter, carried me on a wagon from Scarborough to Portland. I there engaged passage on board of a steamer. I had put my trunk on board and was just bidding my father-in-law farewell, when a man came out from a shop—a shoemaker—holding a newspaper in his hand. He said, “Father Carter, Joseph and Hyrum Smith have been martyred—they have been murdered in Carthage Jail!”

As soon as I looked at the paper, the Spirit said to me that it was true. I had no time for consultation, the steamer’s bell was ringing, so I stepped on board and took my trunk back to land. As I drew it off, the plank was drawn in. I told Father Carter to drive me back to Scarborough. I there took the car for Boston. …

Next day I met Brigham Young in the streets of Boston, he having just returned, opposite to Sister Voce’s house. We reached out our hands, but neither of us was able to speak a word. We walked into Sister Voce’s house. We each took a seat and [covered] our faces. We were overwhelmed with grief and our faces were soon bathed in a flood of tears. … After we had done weeping we began to converse together concerning the death of the prophets. In the course of the conversation, he smote his hand upon his thigh and said, “Thank God, the keys of the kingdom are here.” …

he was in Boston http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?v...9cbdb01c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1

I was sitting with Brigham Young in the depot in the city of Boston at the time when the two prophets [Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum] were martyred. Of course we had no telegraphs and no fast reports as we have today to give communication over the land. During that period Brother Young was waiting there for a train of cars to go to Peterborough. Whilst sitting there we were overshadowed by a cloud of darkness and gloom as great as I ever witnessed in my life. … Neither of us knew or understood the cause until after the report of the death of the prophets was manifested to us. Brother Brigham left; I remained in Boston, and the next day took passage for Fox Islands, a place I had visited some years before, and baptized numbers of people and organized branches upon both those islands. My father-in-law, Ezra Carter, carried me on a wagon from Scarborough to Portland. I there engaged passage on board of a steamer. I had put my trunk on board and was just bidding my father-in-law farewell, when a man came out from a shop—a shoemaker—holding a newspaper in his hand. He said, “Father Carter, Joseph and Hyrum Smith have been martyred—they have been murdered in Carthage Jail!”

As soon as I looked at the paper, the Spirit said to me that it was true. I had no time for consultation, the steamer’s bell was ringing, so I stepped on board and took my trunk back to land. As I drew it off, the plank was drawn in. I told Father Carter to drive me back to Scarborough. I there took the car for Boston. …

Next day I met Brigham Young in the streets of Boston, he having just returned, opposite to Sister Voce’s house. We reached out our hands, but neither of us was able to speak a word. We walked into Sister Voce’s house. We each took a seat and [covered] our faces. We were overwhelmed with grief and our faces were soon bathed in a flood of tears. … After we had done weeping we began to converse together concerning the death of the prophets. In the course of the conversation, he smote his hand upon his thigh and said, “Thank God, the keys of the kingdom are here.” …

That did nothing to answer the question.....:dash2::dash2::dash2:

That did nothing to answer the question.....:dash2::dash2::dash2:
It did, if you were paying attention, if the picture was taken in Boston and it appears to look like Young and that Young could be placed in Boston, then the possibility exist's that it is him .please try to keep up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom