Join a club?

Hi Roger, and welcome. I would say if there is a club fairly close, it may be to your advantage to join. You would meet other hunters, learn new techniques. and probably have access to more sites. The second part of your question I can't help you with. GL & HH

Best way to find out which machines work best in your area. Go to Lost Treasure Online and there's a link to clubs in each State.

I would join one if a club was near me. I think you would learn a lot and have access to more sites.
pop

I'd always advise people to join a club, it's the best way to learn about the hobby.
A club will also, often have it's own sites. I prefer to go out with a group of friends, nice to see what others have found, and to show them your finds.

We live in Connecticut. We belonged to a RI club for about 6 years, and recently dropped out to find another club closer to us. Unfortunately the time slot they have set for the meetings is not convenient for us.

However we recently heard of a new new club starting in Stamford CT we're going to check into.

Carol K said:
We live in Connecticut. We belonged to a  RI club for about 6 years, and recently dropped out to find another club closer to us. Unfortunately the time slot they have set for the meetings is not convenient for us.

However we recently heard of a new new club starting in Stamford CT we're going to check into.

Carol, thanks for the feedback. It sounds as though finding and joining a club might be a good idea. You say you were a member for 6 years so it must have been worth it?
It will probably help me find places to detect. I feel awkward right now when I go out because I really don't now the rules and have been detecting on public properties like parks and beaches.
I'm in Salem Mass and hope that I can find a club close to me.
Thanks again.

I belong to The Yankee Territory Coinshooters. We meet in East Hartford. The new club in Stamford is the Nor'easters. They have a web page I beleive.

TonyinCT said:
I belong to The Yankee Territory Coinshooters. We meet in East Hartford. The new club in Stamford is the Nor'easters. They have a web page I beleive.
Thanks Tony, I will keep looking closer to my home for a club but all options are open. I am looking forward to getting my Ace 250 that I ordered. I'm HOOKED!

You got that right Jeff, this is a great forum with really cool people. I am going to attempt to attend the MTHA meeting this month and possibly join that club.

I used to belong to a club here in GA but things got in the way of the meetings. Looking to rejoin the club now that things have calmed down.
Boy do they come up with some great hunts!!!

Looking for a club in Dayton Ohio, found one but can't get a hold of anyone
any info would help. Thanks

Roger B, I belong to the Miami Valley Coin and Relic Hunters Club here in Fort Wayne. At this time, I am the only female in the club. We have Finds of the Month competitions each month, and recently had a Buddy Hunt. We have speakers almost each month, and have a Scavenger Hunt that lasts from Feb. through Nov. We turn in our scavenger finds from the list on a monthly basis. We get points for each item, and pay .10 per item turned in. We get points for coming in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each category of Finds of the Month. We have raffles each month, also. We receive a newsletter from the club monthly, also. It's a lot of fun, and I always take a treat for the "boys." A cake, cookies, brownies, etc.

Hope you enjoy your new club.

Scrltt641 in Fort Wayne, IN

Back
Top Bottom