First Silver Coin Of 2020

diggin4clad

Elite Member
It was Sue's first hunt of the year and we hunted a park I hunted a couple of weeks ago. Signs at the entrance stated that the six foot distance rule needed to be observed and that groups of people should not exceed five until further notice. Clad finds were less than usual....29 coins worth $4.15 but the AT Pro uncovered a 1950 Washington Quarter at seven inches, ringing up loud and clear at 88-90.

Attachments

• IMG_0654.JPG
    IMG_0654.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_0661.JPG
    IMG_0661.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_0660.JPG
    IMG_0660.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 310
It was Sue's first hunt of the year and we hunted a park I hunted a couple of weeks ago. Signs at the entrance stated that the six foot distance rule needed to be observed and that groups of people should not exceed five until further notice. Clad finds were less than usual....29 coins worth $4.15 but the AT Pro uncovered a 1950 Washington Quarter at seven inches, ringing up loud and clear at 88-90.

Super find! Congrats. Love the way that silver quarter stands out from the clad in the picture. I have detecting on hold right now along with the rest of our life. Wife and I drove to a large park and peop!e all over with their kids being out of school. We never got out of the van so we sat and looked at the pretty little lake for a bit.

Congrats on the fine hunt D4C!!! Silver sounds so good coming through the headphones.
Thanks Worm.....I agree, silver does sound nice.

Super find! Congrats. Love the way that silver quarter stands out from the clad in the picture. I have detecting on hold right now along with the rest of our life. Wife and I drove to a large park and peop!e all over with their kids being out of school. We never got out of the van so we sat and looked at the pretty little lake for a bit.
Thanks Tin.....silver sure looks a lot better than clad any old day.

Sweet. I was checking out that scout slider. I'm still looking for one!
Thanks ToySoldier…...The scout sliders are pretty common around here. Good luck to you finding one.

Looks like you both did well Ed! As for the question you asked the other day, my uncle took a trip down to CT Saturday and said he had no issues getting between states. This may change in the coming weeks, but thought I would let you know. Today I saw the first "closed" park in my state, it was all taped off and had a blinking traffic sign stating the park was closed until further notice. Unfortunately I fear it's only going to get worse until we get a handle on this thing. Stay safe out there, and good luck!

The wife and I stumbled onto an old park with a big sign that says 1914 lol. I found my first ever silver coin in there and another the other day about 10 feet away from where I got the first one. There's tons of trash and lots of clad but I'm convinced there's more silvers in there. It's a curse really... every tme I'm about to pronounce the park "cleaned out" either Amanda or I find amother old silver or a wheatie lol. Congrats again on the super clean Quarter you got!

Very nice D4C! Yep, silver under the coil sure sounds good. I use the AT Pro and it is a sweet pure high tone, love that!

Way to go, Ed, uncovering your first 2020 silver coin - a quarter, no less! Nice job to both you & Sue on the $4.15 in clad, too. :thumbsup:

Looks like you both did well Ed! As for the question you asked the other day, my uncle took a trip down to CT Saturday and said he had no issues getting between states. This may change in the coming weeks, but thought I would let you know. Today I saw the first "closed" park in my state, it was all taped off and had a blinking traffic sign stating the park was closed until further notice. Unfortunately I fear it's only going to get worse until we get a handle on this thing. Stay safe out there, and good luck!
Thanks Jeff…..I guess for now the state of Mass. is just "suggesting" that people self quarantine if they're going to be staying in Massachusetts but no issues if you're just passing through for a short time. I live in the northeast corner close to both Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Because of that I venture into Rhode Island and Massachusetts often to detect so if they start turning cars back from out of state I'm going to have to find some new places in Connecticut that are actually longer drives.

Congrats! Love how good those old silvers look in the dirt!
Thanks Chris......seeing it in the plug sure was a pretty sight.

Very nice D4C! Yep, silver under the coil sure sounds good. I use the AT Pro and it is a sweet pure high tone, love that!
Thanks LTShiny…..this coin was definitely a nice sounding high tone.

Way to go, Ed, uncovering your first 2020 silver coin - a quarter, no less! Nice job to both you & Sue on the $4.15 in clad, too. :thumbsup:
Thanks Princess.....we both had fun getting out of the house to detect and this coin was frosting on the cake.

Awesome, congrats on the silver!
Thanks Jamflicker…..

Nice going to get a silver! I thought that I had my first silver yesterday, but it turned out to be 1980's not 1950's. I'm planning to go tomorrow to the Thompson CT - Webster MA area. Anyone who wants to join me, let me know.

A little shine is a great way to decorate the clad count Ed. Congrats on a nice shared hunt with Sue and putting Silver number one on the board. Looking forward to a lot more reports going forward. Trapper

A little shine is a great way to decorate the clad count Ed. Congrats on a nice shared hunt with Sue and putting Silver number one on the board. Looking forward to a lot more reports going forward. Trapper
Thanks Trapper.....hopefully the kinds of places Sue and I hunt won't all be shut down.

Back
Top Bottom