Simply Amazing what these will do

I'm all game for seeing the evidence too. And by "evidence", I mean: Evidence that doesn't have a) more plausible explanations, and b) survives double-blind tests.

I hope that isn't "a little harsh" to say that.
I have never spotted a well with less than 45 gal per minute recovery. I make sure I hit a junction with several underground streams. Doesn't sound like surface water to me. You always have derogatory comments, did you ever hear the saying "you get more with honey than with vinegar?" All we ever hear from you are wise cracks. Can't you ever say anything nice to anyone? Well, I'm tired of hearing how you down everyone. By the way, lets see some of your finds with pictures. I personally could care less what you think. I guess some people aren't happy unless they belittle others. Why must you always give everybody a hard time ??

I have never spotted a well with less than 45 gal per minute recovery. I make sure I hit a junction with several underground streams. Doesn't sound like surface water to me. .....

Then isn't the explanations, for this perceived ability, answered in post #16 ? Or do you still believe the rods are somehow attracted, or doing something themselves ?

(And I hope this question is not a "wisecrack". Seems like a pretty fair question to me)

I don't use rods, I use a wooden cherry fork. Not a wise crack. I wish I still had the video of the TV stint I did for the author of the book. This was at least 10 years ago. Don't really care what you think. I do know for sure that it works and so do all the happy people I helped spot good wells.

I don't use rods, I use a wooden cherry fork. ....

Ok. Then does the wooden cherry fork actually do anything ? Ie.: any "attraction", etc... ? Or does the alternate explanation I gave in #16 explain how this came about ? If so, then the "fork" is doing nothing, eh ?

(No wise-cracks here. Just fair honest questions)

fwiw, I have followed Tom long enough on the forums and watched discussions of the folks he hunts with to know that he indeed has good finds to his credit. Certainly more than I have found and would probably be the envy of many (most?) here. Tom's metal detecting creds are solid imo.

And before you think I am sucking up to Tom, go back and follow some of our arguments that we have had here. This post probably surprises him.

Ok. Then does the wooden cherry fork actually do anything ? Ie.: any "attraction", etc... ? Or does the alternate explanation I gave in #16 explain how this came about ? If so, then the "fork" is doing nothing, eh ?

(No wise-cracks here. Just fair honest questions)

Come on. Tom. Isnt it obvious.....?

serveimage

... he indeed has good finds to his credit. Certainly more than I have found and would probably be the envy of many (most?) here. Tom's metal detecting creds are solid imo....

Ha, thanks Ken. And I respect your inputs and participation in discussions too. I may be a P.I.A. and I may have bees in my bonnet for certain topics, but ... it's not without some street cred's :)

I don't post too much show & tell, unless it's a gold coin, or seriously key-date seated or something. I know others will show & tell their garden variety silver, random gold rings, etc.... Nothing wrong with that. But I just tend to wait till I have the earth-shattering variety.

I was taught by an old German-PA Dutch well driller that used dowsing. The water movement underground causes magnetic energy/force. Why can I do this with my ( wish stick )? I always need a fresh wish stick be it cherry, maple or whatever, fresh stick because of the moisture content. I was electrocuted with high voltage years ago and this is why the man that coached me said I could do this. This is the God's honest truth. But whether or not he was right, I do believe it has to do with the magnetic energy that deals with the moisture content in me, the stick and the water in the ground. I believe that some people are more sensitive to this electric magnetic energy than others. Do I have a special gift? Who knows, but I do know that it works and it has worked for me every time. This is the last time I will respond to you, I have had enough of your skepticism. I know what I know and that is good enough for me.

The wish stick ( fork ) goes down as I approach a water source underground. The larger the water supply the harder it pulls downward. Come to my house and I will prove everything I have talked about. Don't need tests to prove I can indeed find underground water. Ask all the people that have good new wells that I spotted for the well drillers.

As do all the other dowsers. Why it never works for a double blind scientific test ? I dunno :confused:

The only double-blind test I ever saw was on some TV special hosted by Bill Bixby and James Randi. The dowser was supposed to pick which boxes had water. The first one they opened had a sandbag. According to the test protocol agreed to, the dowser failed.

Underground water is relatively common, and I'm pretty sure that with research, someone can look at the lay of the land and find a place where water is. Without drilling/digging all over the place, you can't tell if that was the BEST place to dig a well.

-- Tom not in CA.

.... Come to my house and I will prove everything I have talked about. Don't need tests to prove I can indeed find underground water.....

Huh ? Do you see the internal contradiction here ? Here it is:

That's great that you can invite someone to see a proof of your ability. But then you turn right around and say you "don't need test" to prove it. Huh ? Then why did you just invite someone over to show them proof ? :?:

And I have no doubt that you, and all dowsers, are very confident in your abilities. But why then do they all fail in the double-blind scientific studies ? Yes, even people with the utmost confidence like yourself :(

The only double-blind test I ever saw was on some TV special hosted by Bill Bixby and James Randi.....

I've been-there/done-that a million times. The moment you utter the name "James Randi", the woo-woo crowd will immediately dismiss any results. They are utterly convinced he's using trickery (he's was a professional magician in his younger years) to warp the results. Ie.: some trickery to make the dowsers (or psychics, or whatever) fail.

And that James Randi is "only in it for the money", blah blah blah. And even if the faithful watched that episode, you can BET they would distance themselves from the failures seen there. Either by claiming that some slight of hand unfairness was going on. Or by saying that the person being tested wasn't skilled enough. Or ... "durned those sunspots anyhow", etc....

No amount of point blank evidence will convince them. Strange.

The wish stick ( fork ) goes down as I approach a water source underground. The larger the water supply the harder it pulls downward. Come to my house and I will prove everything I have talked about. Don't need tests to prove I can indeed find underground water. Ask all the people that have good new wells that I spotted for the well drillers.

LOL finding water in pa is like tossing a rock over your shoulder. All you have to do is start drilling ANYWHERE and you will hit it eventually. Same around my area.

I almost hate to tell you, but science and good citizenship demand that I must.

There is no land in PA that doesn't have water under it. Its called Groundwater. So your stick should be in a permanent Down position if your reasoning is correct.

I didn't even need to use any of my science degrees to say "Groundwater" either-it is (or so I thought) common knowledge. Ask around about it.

I can see I am talking here to deaf ears. Yes, there is water underground everywhere but finding enough that has enough gals. per minute and good recovery is the trick. This is why I try to find a junction of several streams when I am dowsing. If this can't be done I never recommended drilling a well there. I don't do this anymore, retired now. I never did this for money. I was an electrician all my working life. People came to me and asked if I'd check for water. I did not look for money to do dowsing or advertise. The well drillers here asked me to check before they drilled the well. Enough of this subject, it is what it is.

.... but finding enough that has enough gals. per minute and good recovery is the trick....

And I've asked you multiple times already (but perhaps it's "falling on deaf ears" ?) as to whether the explanation I've given you, in post #16, isn't possibly the explanation for your "abilities" ?

I read this thread entirely to watch Tom get surly. I had no doubts and was not disappointed! :yes: World Series is on but I had to keep readin!!

And I've asked you multiple times already (but perhaps it's "falling on deaf ears" ?) as to whether the explanation I've given you, in post #16, isn't possibly the explanation for your "abilities" ?

I don't what post 16 is ??? Maybe you are right ??? All I know is what I can do period no matter what the reason is.

Back
Top Bottom