• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Tesoro Compadre Questions

SpiderByte

I have a few questions about the Compadre:

1: How deep can you go into water with it? I know the coil is waterproof, but I don't really know how deep out I can go with it? 2 feet? How deep can the coil be submerged in water?

2: What discrimination setting is best? I don't want to miss any finds, but I don't want to pick up every tiny scrap of Yoplait lids every five seconds.

3: That hole on the back of the battery casing is for headphones, correct?

I have a few questions about the Compadre:

1: How deep can you go into water with it? I know the coil is waterproof, but I don't really know how deep out I can go with it? 2 feet? How deep can the coil be submerged in water?

2: What discrimination setting is best? I don't want to miss any finds, but I don't want to pick up every tiny scrap of Yoplait lids every five seconds.

3: That hole on the back of the battery casing is for headphones, correct?

1. Just don't get the main box wet. I would cover it with a bag ot something just in case of a splash.

2. I set mine at the (I) in iron so you don't miss any small gold. But still rejecting most nails, hair pins, and small iron.

3.Yes, it is a 1/4 inch headphone jack

Yep, what DiggerDug said and in certain areas run it in all metal to get the most depth on really small gold jewelry.

beephead

Nice! So I can go wading out into the ocean and stuff, cool.

Unfortunately, it's winter, and the only bodies of water around are so insanely freezing cold it's not even remotely worth trying.

Sorry to tell you its not going to work very well in the ocean

Right! Dry white sand only at salt water beaches. The Compadre will work in shallow fresh water and on wet and dry white sand at fresh water lakes and rivers beaches.

beephead

Define 'shallow'.

The the only part that cannot get wet is the control housing (box).

It well not work as well in salt water due to minerals in the water.

The Compadre is a great little detector however it really shines in parks and playgrounds. That is not to say it wont work in other hunting situations it just means those are its stengths.

No single detector excels in all situations thats one reason why some people have several different types.

Define 'shallow'.

Look, the coil is waterproof, the box is not...accidents happen.

I wouldn't go into any water more than a few inches deep, if that, but that's clumsy old me talking.

I can see holding that detector tight, bending over to recover a target and then dropping it.

The second that box hits the water, you have a nice doorstop.

A scoop would be helpful and a little safer.

Back
Top Bottom