Problems with Garrett Pro Pointer

tony48

Elite Member
I have had my Garrett Pro Pointer for about a month now and have put in some hours on it. It has worked great and I love it! That is until today. I went for a short little hunt and it quit on me. I tried changing the batteries and jiggling the battery around, everything. It won't come on or make any noises or light. It is still under warranty, but I am kind of mad that it just went on me! I expected this pinpointer to be a little more rugged and last a long time. The same thing also happened to my friends Garrett Pro Pointer. He has had his a few weeks longer than mine and it just went a few days ago. I don't know what the problem is, but I hope Garrett resolves it soon. This was a great pin pointer while it worked and now I don't even want to go metal detecting without it! This should not discourage anyone from buying a Garrett Pro Pinpointer because they are awesome pinpointers as long as they don't break!

im the friend. Called Garrett today to inform them that I would be sending it in. great service. the guy said to send it down and they would give me a new one. He sounded surprised so I dont think they have had many problems. I love the pinpointer but like tony said, i wish it lasted longer. O well. we will see what happens for round 2 when it comes!:roll:

I'm glad to hear that they have good service! Looks like a new PP will be coming in the mail soon. Thanks Garrett for the good customer service!

I believe I would be very happy since they are sending out a new Pro-Pointer to you and praise them for their good service. Being in the electronics business for many years I realized a long time ago that man made devices will break no matter what. Yes Garrett service is excellent and I feel they have a good product. Ok be safe guys and happy hunting.

John T.

i still plan on buying one for the sole fact that if it breaks down garrett will fix it/replace it. like john siad everything breaks. i dubt that a business that has been around for so long making quality products would put there name on something that is crap.

The Pro-Pointer is a nice piece of work and I think it is going to be very popular. I have been mulling it over as to whether I will replace my Vibraprobe 570 with it. Ok everyone have a great day!

John T.

I emailed Garrett about my problems and they are yet to email me back. I'm sure they will replace and I am glad! Good service! My pinpointer broke in the middle of a hunt and I had a hard time recovering targets the rest of the day!

Hi Tony, I am always curious as to the cause of a failure in an electronic device. I wish they would look at it and at least tell you what failed. But I've no doubt they will replace it and sometimes they have a lot of emails so they will take care of you soon. Did you find much on that hunt? Ok Tony be safe.

John T.

like i said, i was impressed with their service. It's not the first time my metal detecting stuff has broke. I was upset b/c i have kinda been on a roll the past week with me finding 6 wheaties, a indian head,buffalo nickel, and a seated dime.

I have used Vibraprobes for years an really like them however when I upgraded to the 570 it drove my CZ 20 crazy from 5' away, I sold it and bought the Garratt pro pointer, I like it and it does not interfer with the machine I am using.

I'm finally sending in my PP today. They emailed me back and said they would replace it free of charge and ship it back free. I just hope they get it to me quick because I cannot MD without it!

I sent mine in last friday and it should be coming back in the nest day or two. I need it back because I can't detect without it!:(:shock:

I really missed mine too, during a the repair period.
Felt lost without it so I went to the Bark and Sand.
It's great there going to make things right for you.

Service and Warranties have alot of S.O.L. Policies lately.
America needs to back into making great things again.
Years ago we made things that were built to last forever.

One thing I have noticed about old relics and such that I dig is that they are all very sturdy built. Sometimes I wonder what detectorists in the future are going to find from our era? We make crap that will not last! Look at zincolns for gods sake! Those things degrade in the ground after only a few years!

I totally agree.

The truth be known

All of the US companies that make and sell metal detecting equipment
give great service. Thats why we recommend newbies buy a US product.
over something foriegn made. There are a lot of great products for the hobby made off shore, but do you really want to test a warrantee on a product that comes here by boat? Over the years I have had a couple detectors replaced gratis by White's electronics, as well as First Texas products. If something happens and there is no sign of abuse the companies will be fair with you, and above all....FAST. This is not a cheap hobby, and we pay for that service when we make the purchase. Glad Garrett came through for you...No surprise, they are a top notch company..:yes:....Gil

My garrett pp went out on my last week. Every time I push it against the dirt it beeps. It works fine other than that...maybe a lose wire. I will have to call them soon.

Back
Top Bottom