Good day

Steveouke

After hunting the old abandoned school house yesterday and not finding anything except trash I was a bit discouraged. This morning I hit one of the local sports complexes and went over about 2000 sq feet of dirt that was moved in from a pond the city dug. Only found a few pennies with one of them being a wheat. Then my boys wanted to go to one of the local playgrounds. I ran the MD over the rubber mulch and started pulling clad right and left. This not only made me happy but also built confidence and gave me practice pinpointing and hearing the tones including solid nickels!

hey it all starts somewhere, so ya did good. Every time out it gets easier and easier to understand what your machine is telling ya.

Congrats on a fun day. ColoKid

Good going ! You will learn a lot so when you hit an old site you will be aware, steve in so az

Well we all know that in Arkansas things are exactly the same only different!! I'm joking obviously and have some very good friends over there around Flippin!

Totlots are a great training ground and a good back up for anyday. I have only been to 1 that did not give my at least 1 cent.

lol, now I don't feel so alone.. I often end up going to parks, if I am picking up mostly pull tabs and bottle caps, I will migrate over to this netted cone that spins for the kids ( its kind of like the net ropes only it is in the shape of a cone and spins ) anyway, I find an incredible amount of dimes in the mulch around it..every 4-5 inches.. When I'm having kind of a slow day, it rocks..there is usually like 1.40 in dimes in that 12ft x 12ft patch :lol: ( obviously i have not changed my clad count )

Tot-Lots are great for zeroing in on your pinpointing skills as well.. and I have twice found mens wedding bands right behind a swingset. Lucky one was engraved and an ad in the local paper I placed helped in it's return, but still even being "on the clad" is better than getting zip..

Keep at it..

The tot lots are great places to get a handle on using your machine, not to mention the clad you can get from them. Every now and then you can get a nice coin or a nice ring from them and the best part, not everyone detects them!

Well we all start out digging tons of trash. I know I dug more trash than coins at first. Glad to hear you did hit coins, because it does help you to not get so frustrated.

Back
Top Bottom