Good all around detector

pandre

Hi everyone,
I have been away in Arizona where I picked up some 280 acres of mining property. Still have 240 acres yet to detect, 280 is "BIG" I found out...
Any way my qustion is this: I have a SD 2100v2 and a Whites GMT, my kids want to swing a detector as well but I don't want a third gold detector that only hunts gold, Any ideas on a good all around detector for both treasure, coins and gold. I still want to control mineralization in the bad ground where gold is found, but I also want a detector that can find coins and relics.

Mxt 300

Looks like a good all around machine, I liked the Tesoro super traq but don't know if I like the auto feature, my old lobo didn't have it. I do like the qualities of gmt with the percent of iron probability which the MXT also has.hmmmm.....

Oh My God! Ski has been kidnapped by a clan of terrorist from Sweet Home, Oregon! They are forcing him to type these words. Don't worry Ski, we will find you and get you safely home. OK SHO what do you guy want for Ski's safe return? :shock:
And when we rescue you, we'll all be wearing those goofy lookin conquistador hats too.:lol:

(Have we no shame? We stole the thread.)

BTW Pandre....I'd recommend the MXT as well.

Last edited:
Dfx vs mxt

I can't find the link the link but it was about a DFX being used in Gaines Creek Alaska, it was used in a trash filled area and found some nuggets without a lot of trash digging, I think the other detector was a Gold Bug 2 which had to digg a boat load of trash, how doe's the DFX compare to the MXT in that kind of area. I noticed that the write up on MXT talks about prospecting but the DFX does not. Any ideas ???

I can't find the link the link but it was about a DFX being used in Gaines Creek Alaska, it was used in a trash filled area and found some nuggets without a lot of trash digging, I think the other detector was a Gold Bug 2 which had to digg a boat load of trash, how doe's the DFX compare to the MXT in that kind of area. I noticed that the write up on MXT talks about prospecting but the DFX does not. Any ideas ???
Go here: http://nevada-outback-gems.com/MXT_files/MXT_advant_n_disadvan.htm

At the bottom of the article, Chris describes the DFX vs MXT and I think your question will be answered.

John

Last edited:
WOW what a link

Thanks, you guys are great...I have been chasing links for days and would not have stumbled on that one. MXT it is, after miles of bumpy dirt roads and choking on dust, a little extra noise to get small nuggets deeper is a fair trade off. When I pull up in front of an old ghost town or trashy area I'm grabbin the MXT!!!

I was all set to buy the DFX then read some about the MXT. Got myself one and its a great machine. I have had 4 different machine and the MXT is the best

Back
Top Bottom