X pointer

For me $89 may as well be $890 when it comes to justifying the expense these days , but if I could drop $89 dollars on one I may as well put a little more with it and get better quality and the reputation the major brands offer.

You usually do have to sacrifice a little if you are trying to go as cheap as possible.

For me $89 may as well be $890 when it comes to justifying the expense these days , but if I could drop $89 dollars on one I may as well put a little more with it and get better quality and the reputation the major brands offer.

You usually do have to sacrifice a little if you are trying to go as cheap as possible.
I understand your point and valid. But are we assuming that the X pointer is a bad quality product just because its 89 bucks and doesn't have a brand name ? It may end up being an inferior product or it may out do the GPP or TRX. Time will tell. I have the GPP and I'm not disappointed with it but I'm not crazy about it either. If you have the extra money, and you want to give it a try I so go for it. But I understand not wanting to take a chance with 89 bucks too.

I understand your point and valid. But are we assuming that the X pointer is a bad quality product just because its 89 bucks and doesn't have a brand name ? It may end up being an inferior product or it may out do the GPP or TRX. Time will tell. I have the GPP and I'm not disappointed with it but I'm not crazy about it either. If you have the extra money, and you want to give it a try I so go for it. But I understand not wanting to take a chance with 89 bucks too.

I wasnt trying to say its an inferior product necessarily , I have no idea.

$89 is a good price ( considering how overpriced pinpointers are ) , just sayin if you are worried about the quality or warranty but can afford $89 then chances are you could just throw in a little more for a trusted unit and avoid the hassle.

Don't just run out and buy a TRX. You can try mine. You get one of those we can do a comparison.

Good to see another PI pin-pointer on the market. Been using mine(vibra-probe 580) for a few years with zero problems. I may pick one of these up for next season.

Used the x pointer tonight and the half dead battery i first put in finally went dead. Cool thing the led light started flashing when battery got low. Pinpointer kept working fine while light was flashing. Also i noticed the led was brighter than my gpp or trx. Still working perfect with zero falsing and no issues at all. I like it alot and will just use it til somethings happens.

I prefer garret pro pointer have tried others but can't beat garret customer support team. They sent me 8 new buttons and all that cause I keep wearing them out lol.

I prefer garret pro pointer have tried others but can't beat garret customer support team. They sent me 8 new buttons and all that cause I keep wearing them out lol.

8 new buttons? Wow! Yes garrett has great customer service but to be honest id like the gpp to last longer. Just think if you had to repair your atpro or v3i or etrac that many times!! Lol no way would i ever stay using a detector that needed that many repairs. Just no way! Ive used many gpp's and all had to be serviced or replaced. When they work they are great. At $130 new plus shipping on several occasions for warranty repair now you have a $160 pinpointer. The xpointer at $89 how many times would i have to send it in to get the price to $160? Thats my thoughts. I dont expect anyone else to think this way ;)

I just ordered one of these for $89.99 with free Priority Mail shipping from Colonial Metal Detectors. I have 3 Garrett PP's and all 3 false a lot. I guess time will tell if this was a good choice, but for $90 I'm willing to take a chance on them. I've paid that much for a used Garrett with no warranty.

8 new buttons? Wow! Yes garrett has great customer service but to be honest id like the gpp to last longer. Just think if you had to repair your atpro or v3i or etrac that many times!! Lol no way would i ever stay using a detector that needed that many repairs. Just no way! Ive used many gpp's and all had to be serviced or replaced. When they work they are great. At $130 new plus shipping on several occasions for warranty repair now you have a $160 pinpointer. The xpointer at $89 how many times would i have to send it in to get the price to $160? Thats my thoughts. I dont expect anyone else to think this way ;)

My thoughts exactly!

Im am baffled at people saying bad things about this pin pointer, I mean everyone has a opinion and thats cool but I don't understand things like "its just a generic black pin pointer" well ya its a pin pointer like ALL the other pin pointers. Look at the top 4 pin pointers, they all look the same, looks are really irrelevant here. The facts are its a PI pin pointer for 30% less money than the Pro Pointer, good quality materials, its sturdy and if you are like me and always dig around the plug with your pin pointer then in my honest opinion the Xpointer is by far the choice for you. If you want maximum depth and a solid warranty then TRX is your pick. Look obviously I can't say it will last for ever, as the thing JUST was released, but I can tell you it works great, get a bit more depth then my pro pointer and never falses while digging around a plug. I would recommend this pin pointer to anyone 100%. The warranty thing is being blown out of proportion imo, I bought a $1000 Generator last year and it didn't have a warranty card, I ended up having a problem with it earlier this summer and it was replaced with a brand new one, no questions asked. The point is just because a company does something different doesn't mean its bad.

HH all,
Rich

Go ahead and buy one and you will see that you only get a generic looking black pointer a box and a half sheet of instructions. Not a single word about distributor, dealer, warranty, or anything else other than the name of the pointer. Now Sir, take that available data and do your contact. Until I started asking questions that was all the data that was available to one who purchased that product. Now the dealers have backed out and you are on your own to contact the distributor on your own. A FEW WORDS ON A FORUM THREAD DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WARRANTY. As far as Garrett is concerned, I believe their failure to build reliable equipment like the Gpp is hurting their sales.

I do not care about those pieces of paper in the box etc - If I end up with a problem with a product - I CONTACT THE SELLER - Why? because I buy from them because of their customer service & reputation - THEN I FOLLOW THE SELLERS INSTRUCTIONS - How hard is that? - Why make life more difficult than it is?

Why in the world did you not do your homework before you purchased your one? What did the seller tell you to do?

I do not care about those pieces of paper in the box etc - If I end up with a problem with a product - I CONTACT THE SELLER - Why? because I buy from them because of their customer service & reputation - THEN I FOLLOW THE SELLERS INSTRUCTIONS - How hard is that? - Why make life more difficult than it is?

Why in the world did you not do your homework before you purchased your one? What did the seller tell you to do?

The normal procedure is to see the product advertised and you order it. Having done that with a lot of metal detecting items over the years, they have all came with all the supporting papers like instructions and warranty cards secured inside the box. In this case there was nothing other than a half sheet of instructions. A little research and then I found that no one who received that same item had any supporting documents, which is totally out of the ordinary. That Is why I began to ask the questions and now things have been straitened out and those documents have been promised to be in the future shipments.

As far as you and you not caring about having supporting documents, that is fine with me and does not bother me at all. The discussion with the seller was a normal polite conversation and the order was made. I did however expect that the normal documents would be included and it is something that in the past I did not have to ask for. Be happy as a follower sir, but there are times when it is proper to maybe lead when you recognize a correctable issue.

Considering I have been using a Centech from Harbor Freight for three years and this cheap thing HAS helped me find gold, silver, civil war era items. I may just try it.....my Centech wants to retire to the junk pile:laughing::laughing:

I dont even use pinpointers so i dont know why i was commenting. I usually dont need one. But i may get one eventually since from time to time i run into a situation where one would be useful.

Back
Top Bottom