Greatings from NE Washington

kensco

Hello all,

I've visited the site many times over the years and have found some useful and entertaining reading.

I retired from a job in the Dallas area, in the summer of '15, and moved to the northeast corner of Washington State 7 miles south of the BC border (Hello Rossland and Trail!).

I joined the Lions Club & a dart league and started hosting home poker games to meet the neighbors in this small town of about 300 people. One of the Lions members, who also plays in my poker game, is an elderly gentlemen whose family has lived in the area for many generations - and as luck would have it, he has a metal detector and enjoys using it! I'm looking forward to the spring thaw!

I bought my second detector, a BH Tracker IV, at Hobby Lobby with a 25% off coupon for the sole purpose of modifying it. I also wanted to see if it lived up to the performance hype. I inverted the guts of the processing unit and mounted it under the support arm, replaced the foam grip with a contoured bicycle grip, snipped the wires to the analog meter, and sprayed the coil with truck bed liner.

The mods were fun to perform and beneficial - mounting the processor unit under the support arm really improved the balance of the thing. And performance-wise; it ran circles around my first detector (a Garrett Ace 250 - which has been residing in its box for about the last five years now).

My third, and probably last detector, is a Tesoro Silver Max. I've had it about four years and it's nice and I'm warming up to it. Like the other two it'll find metal within 6" or less, but of the three the BH is easily my fave.

I won't be a prolific poster, and this will be far and away my longest post. But rest assured I appreciate the depth of information this site has to offer and will continue to be a frequent visitor!

Back
Top Bottom