• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Crusty IHP's

teotwawki12

Elite Member
First time at an old one-room school site that's now a corn field. The school that was torn down was made of wood rather than brick, so it's a mess of nail noise. I pulled five Indianhead cents myself, and Mike found one (plus a 2 cent piece, the lucky bugger) before he left.

Was still out digging nails in the afternoon when a fella pulled up and asked me how I was faring.... he happened to have an eTrac in his pickup and was out looking to doorknock, so I invited him to join my permission. He wound up with another four Indians. Being in the middle of farmland on a dirt road on a weekday, I wasn't expecting another detectorist to happen by. Cool guy. Next permission is on him.

Ten Indians in one day is a pretty good haul around here.... albeit pretty crusty; they must have gotten a good dose of fertilizer.

Attachments

• KIMG0511.jpg
    KIMG0511.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 295
  • KIMG0516.jpg
    KIMG0516.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 309
  • KIMG0512.jpg
    KIMG0512.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 273
  • KIMG0514.jpg
    KIMG0514.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 299
  • DSCN0234 (1280x960).jpg
    DSCN0234 (1280x960).jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 297
  • DSCN0237 (1280x960).jpg
    DSCN0237 (1280x960).jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 313
You call those crusty?
You should see what I pull out of the desert soil here, those are almost pristine in comparison!

Great finds!

Crusty? What’s pretty to you?? Lol

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring

I bet you feel like John Wayne,,,,,, The only difference John Wayne used a six gun and you used a metal detector to corral those Indians,,,, :laughing:,,,, Big congrats and great job

You call those crusty?
You should see what I pull out of the desert soil here, those are almost pristine in comparison!

Great finds!

Fair enough... I've had good luck finding some beauties in yards that haven't seen crop fertilizer. But I love 'em all!!

Great finds! I look at the fields around here and often wonder...

Gotta find some old plat maps and figure out where there used to be houses that are now plowed under... otherwise you are gonna be walking for many acres finding iron scrap (in my experience). Unless, of course, you are in colonial areas or war areas or Europe :roll: ...which I suppose Montana is not.

Them Injuns said "hmm paleface come to force us off our land again, haha!" Awsome finds, love them indians :D

Nice hunting and research work! Looks like an asparagus field up by Hart?? The dirt even looks about the same.... Should be a nice cold and comfortable weekend for some more!

Back
Top Bottom