Xcal settings

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Ran into a young man today water hunting using an Xcal. His and his wife were waist deep and he was digging to China. He would dig awhile and then rest. Finally saw me watching and wanted to know if my machine was good enough to tell him what he was digging. I just laughed and said...... can and i dont even need to swing my detector over it. He said ive not found anything but a couple of these. I told him there just not much out here. He asked me if i knew how to use the Xcal and would i look at his settings........ WELL.... Disc was as far to the right as you could get it....... so was sensitivity....... volume was about 1/4 on........ hey but he had his threshold right.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I adjusted it for him and asked how long hed been hunting with it like that...... over a week.......i about peed myself.:laughing: Wasnt but about 10 yards and karma helped me out........ 18K 20 gram rose gold chain.

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 280
I did what any good pirate would do. Stuffed in the pouch and moved out smartly lol.

Nice chain... found with Nox? CTX? Excal? :shrug:

R5

Oh yeah that’s the ticket! Was it broken at the clasp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found with the Nox.... i believe its the 6th for the year. Odd the smallest was with the Xcal. The day before i got a .4 gram 10K with the Nox as well...... if it hadnt been for double sweeping the coil id missed it..... dang minerals. I sure wished this thing had better modulation.

Come on down Curt...... i think you will be surprised how few targets there are. You can swing for hours out there. Lets hope the beach goers improve..... or we are going to have a lot of time to talk.:lol:

Ran into a young man today water hunting using an Xcal. His and his wife were waist deep and he was digging to China. He would dig awhile and then rest. Finally saw me watching and wanted to know if my machine was good enough to tell him what he was digging. I just laughed and said...... can and i dont even need to swing my detector over it. He said ive not found anything but a couple of these. I told him there just not much out here. He asked me if i knew how to use the Xcal and would i look at his settings........ WELL.... Disc was as far to the right as you could get it....... so was sensitivity....... volume was about 1/4 on........ hey but he had his threshold right.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I adjusted it for him and asked how long hed been hunting with it like that...... over a week.......i about peed myself.:laughing: Wasnt but about 10 yards and karma helped me out........ 18K 20 gram rose gold chain.

You're just too nice Dew... this thread reminds me of a hunting friend who had a guy come up to him and told him he wasn't finding anything but pull tabs on my friends beach so he adjusted the guys detector so it would only find coins and no gold :lol: Gotta protect the home turf ;)

Just another day at the beach

Found with the Nox.... i believe its the 6th for the year. Odd the smallest was with the Xcal. The day before i got a .4 gram 10K with the Nox as well...... if it hadnt been for double sweeping the coil id missed it..... dang minerals. I sure wished this thing had better modulation.

Come on down Curt...... i think you will be surprised how few targets there are. You can swing for hours out there. Lets hope the beach goers improve..... or we are going to have a lot of time to talk.:lol:

The Nox is doing as advertised I see. This will make Mike happy. He just got his earphones he ordered months ago. I think they came from the planet Neptune.

We will be on Siesta Sunday after noon for the week. See you around

You're just too nice Dew... this thread reminds me of a hunting friend who had a guy come up to him and told him he wasn't finding anything but pull tabs on my friends beach so he adjusted the guys detector so it would only find coins and no gold :lol: Gotta protect the home turf ;)

Shhhhhhh. :lol::laughing:

Thanks i post some of my stuff on FB...... family likes to see whats in the grab box.:lol:

Dang...... Craig, why didnt i think of that ..... duh.

Hey Gil....... let Mike know ill adjust his Nox for him....:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom