Maybe First Gold with my Nox

Popsgoatee

Elite Member
Just arrived at our vacation spot on Maui where we've come quite often, I haven't found anything much when I come as far as jewelry except a nice Bering watch last year that can only fit on a very small wrist. Anyway, put all my gear together, charged up the Nox, and out this am for a short warmup hunt. The area out front of our resort usually gets hit pretty often but I ususally can score some change but not today, nothing for the first 10-15 mins, not even any trash, waved my scoop at my coil to make sure it was working, then I got a really faint signal that came up as a 10 and scooped up this little ring. I'm stoked thinking A. it could be my first gold on Maui and B. my first gold with the Nox and my fist find at the start of my trip!

I could use some help from anyone more familiar with the markings, the stamp inside is 585 which I think from the search I did is 14k gold but there are also the letters CHD stamped, not sure if that is the persons initials or further info on the ring. I don't have a diamond tester so not sure if that is real or not.

If anyone has some input that would be helpful, heres hoping this gets the skunk out of the boat for the rest of my stay!

:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_2283.JPG
    IMG_2283.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_2284.JPG
    IMG_2284.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_2285.JPG
    IMG_2285.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 551
:dingding:I think its good and you're getting the dinger! Congrats and good luck getting at least another one on your vacation.

Looks like gold to me, and the 585 stamp is there. I think you're in the clear. Nice find, congrats!

There is always the chance that a plated ring is given a spurious stamp. But yours certainly looks to be the real thing to me.

Good pix !

nice ring and congrats on the first gold...it should get easier now...so they say but at least your first is out of the way and always go after those faint tones. They seem to pay off.

Always nice to get that gold monkey off your back the first day out! Looks like real ice too! :thumbsup:

Congrats on your 1st gold with the NOX and 1st Gold on Maui. Looks normal and I've found smaller gold so I have no doubt that's a keepa!

Congrats on the gold! I was in Maui on vacation last month, and looking out over all the people on the beach, kept thinking that I should have brought my detector..... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom