Sterling, silvers...and a milestone

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Had a bit of free time this afternoon so I took the Explorer XS down to the beach and spent a couple hours digging on the slope in a washed out section...plenty of targets were recovered beach scrap, $2.75 in clad, 15 wheats, a roached Indian, tiny eagle a sterling pin, toasted War nickel and a pair of Mercs... sterling #4...silvers #53, #54 and #55 the 3 coins today runs the career silver count up to 1,300 since June of 2011, and I am very pleased to have finally achieved the 1,300 silver milestone:yes: That's all for this outing so thanks for the looks, see you after the next and Happy Hunting to all!

Last edited:
In six years I have never found a silver coin at the beach. I dig lots and lots of clad coins and a ton of those worthless crusty zincolns.

Any silver is a nice find.

Congrats on hitting your milestone Capt! . :cool:
You are so consistent on your silver finds 1600 will be here in no time. :yes:

Congrads Capt Silver! Lot of digging to get that many Silvers!

Awesome milestone and finds buddy, congrats! I know we started detecting around the same time and I've really enjoyed your posted over the years.

1300 Silvers

I can't even imagine. Huge congratulations to you.

You gotta be retired or something as that's nearly 200 silvers a year. Man I can't wait to retire, only 15 more years :?:

Wow! 1300 silvers. That's quite the achievement. Conga-rats to you!

:egyptian::egyptian::egyptian:

R5

That's an awesome total. You're living up to your moniker much better than me; I don't think I'm anywhere near 1300 pieces of foil but I'm working at it:lol:. Big congratulations!

You have been smoking the Silver. I'll never live to see that many. By the way. The bird is called a Ruptured Duck. It is off of a pin or the top of a ring. It is the only official symbol given to honorable discharged retired military personal. This is one I found on the treasure coast some time ago.

Attachments

• 20180128_185509 copy.jpg
    20180128_185509 copy.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 187
Congrats Bruce on another superb outing. Reaching 1300 Silver coins is a fantastic achievement and only comes with commitment of effort and determination. Your postings over the years have set a standard we all appreciate and admire. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom