Looks Like I Just Paid For The AT Pro With This Gold Honker!

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

It's been a crazy week. Hot, cold, freezing, rain and snow. One day off in a 10 day stretch didn't help either. However, a little after work perseverance, some research and some luck got me some great finds!

I knew that this area in Edmonton was old, and sure enough, out came these wonderful coins!

Included with these finds was this old ladies compact. It seems to have a bit of a British influence, as there is a crown in that logo stamp. There was a mirror in the top piece, but after carefully opening it up, all the broken pieces of glass fell out.

And.....here's the find of the week! A large honker, 18K 14+ grams dug fresh out of the dirt. I just couldn't belie it's size and weight. At first I thought that it was maybe brass, but then saw an "18K" stamp on the inside. Woo-hoo!

Friday was my only day off, and it was just a snow blizzard. Still suffering from "honker gold" adrenaline, I went down to the river anyway, and shoveled gravel into my highbanker for nearly 4 hours. Here is the flour gold I got from that day.

And......I usually dig other interesting items while shoveling gravel into my highbanker. Here's a few pieces of more petrified wood and a piece of petrified dinosaur bone I dug. A few guys have gotten a dino too out of this river......I am still searching.

Attachments

• ns1.jpg
    ns1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 761
Already got snow! Wow!

Well you closed the season on a killer find, if that's what you want...

Huge congrats!!

<°)))>{

Very nice LARGE ring! Hope to find one like that someday. Love your posts and that flour gold is quite enticing!

Holy honkin' hunk o' heaviness! That's a nice payday! All that...and some dinosaur bone too! Sorry to hear about the cold and snow...and the lack of time off, but it looks like you're doing just fine.

Might double check that ring. I have seen many of these exact rings and they are not gold but made of a metal that will polish out to look like gold.

Nice gold HONKER, John! Congrats! Only things missing are indian artifacts, and meteorites.

Very nice save on the 18k Honker! And that compact is in great condition!

Something to check on the Hallmark..

Attachments

• OBN-0009.jpg
    OBN-0009.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 345
Back
Top Bottom