Kudos To: Minelab Equinox Team

OzarkDetector

1. For fixing the "silver on edge issue."
2. For fixing the "profile" issue.
3. For being responsive to the feedback.
4. For being true to your word to me, that there was an update coming to fix those issues.
5. For making one heck of a light, sensitive, waterproof machine.

No fan-boy of anyone.
This machine is a lot of fun, period.

Just downloaded both PC and MAC versions to a thumb drive at work for my EQ600. Will try to do the upgrade at home later tonight. I have an older MAC notebook and a little newer PC laptop. :grin:

I will say this, my pinpoint function acts the same with update. that volume quirkiness is still there.. was hoping it would have fixed that for me but it's not a huge deal I've gotten use to it..

I will say this, my pinpoint function acts the same with update. that volume quirkiness is still there.. was hoping it would have fixed that for me but it's not a huge deal I've gotten use to it..

It's hard to do an A / B test, when you don't have both A and B together, side by side. I only have one Equinox. I sure would like to see, actually hear, two Noxs side by side, one with update, one without, on the pinpoint mode.

Speaking as an audiophile, I don't hear a difference.
Someone with two .. do a test and let's hear them side by side.

It's hard to do an A / B test, when you don't have both A and B together, side by side. I only have one Equinox. I sure would like to see, actually hear, two Noxs side by side, one with update, one without, on the pinpoint mode.

Speaking as an audiophile, I don't hear a difference.
Someone with two .. do a test and let's hear them side by side.

Don’t need two Noxes.
Just do a before and after update using laptop while standing near target.

I tried in my local fresh water lake today I am liking the update.
Quarters near the surface now blast your ears like they should.
Modulation seems to be working from what I hear and the depth meter now works too.
Also I think the ID's might be tighter now and to depth less bouncing when you swing short to ID the target.
Can't wait to get out there again and try it some more and if the hurricane comes towards us Ocean trip for more test

Don’t need two Noxes.
Just do a before and after update using laptop while standing near target.

Yikes, you want to carry along the Nox plus a laptop, find a target, roll back the update, do tests, run the update app, do the tests again; then repeat for each subsequent target? Hard core! But if you do it, let us know what you discover.

Just downloaded both PC and MAC versions to a thumb drive at work for my EQ600. Will try to do the upgrade at home later tonight. I have an older MAC notebook and a little newer PC laptop. :grin:

Update! Went with the PC and used the XP compatibility mode in Windows 7; worked like a charm:yes:. I now have a four-day-old machine with the newest firmware installed, new Deano’s screen cover, and fresh Vet Wrap on the grip.:D

same..

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom