Gold, silver, and platinaire!

InShepherdsArms

Elite Member
I learn something today! When it's flat look for the black sand spots up high and work them really good!

Today started off horrible! First thing this morning I went to the same spot as yesterday hoping to find another ring. The beach wasn't producing anywhere high or low so I left.

I went to another spot and it was even worse. So I took a trip to the other end of the island and it didn't look much better. Spot 3 left me with a few pieces of clad and sandy feet.

I then tried spot #4 and it seemed a lot more flat then everywhere else I went. I was starting to loose hope.

I wasn't finding any erosion or even any big shells. After about 45 minutes of digging nothing I took a short break up high on the beach. From there I noticed one area up high that looked slightly different from everywhere else. There was a slight I mean slight slope and a lot of black sand. I didn't see it from below the beach. So I decided to give it a go one last time. It was then I started finding greenies again. Then I hit the butterfly necklace. I was surprised! I started finding more greenies and then popped out a silver ring! All the targets were up high above mid tide to high tide line kind of everywhere. After working that area I then headed back below mid tide line and I hit the gold ring! I spent another 45 minutes in the area until targets slowly disappeared.

So lesson for today is always check the beach even if it's flat especially in a very populated summertime area! Check the black sand up high!! You never know what could be there!

Good luck everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_1427.jpg
    IMG_1427.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 506
  • IMG_1394.jpg
    IMG_1394.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 491
:dingding: Congrats on all the goodies and nice work staying persistent!

Don't you love finding places that give it up like that? The black sand ain't easy, but sure is rewarding. Keep hitting it while it lasts.

That gold ring is n-ice. :D.

Is the butterfly gold too? What does the back look like?

R5

Don't you love finding places that give it up like that? The black sand ain't easy, but sure is rewarding. Keep hitting it while it lasts.

That gold ring is n-ice. :D.

Is the butterfly gold too? What does the back look like?

R5

Yes it is!! Front

Attachments

• IMG_1430.jpg
    IMG_1430.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 376
Great Job, man!! Persistence pays off even when it feels all hope is lost! I know the feeling! That CZ 21 does good at picking up the targets!

Mine loves dimes here lately!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom