Updated: Nothing wrong with AT Pro - Operator error

BladeRunner

Welp, I decided to have a short hunt in my front yard and it was more chirpy than normal. I just figured it was the overhead power lines.

After I few minutes the noise got worse and then it basically stopped working. The LCD will sort of come on and then fade out. I have had it for about 7 or 8 months and haven't had a single issue with it. This sure seemed to come on suddenly.

Guess I will be without a detector for a few weeks while Garrett fixes it. :(

Last edited:
Bummer about your at pro. I bet Garrett takes care of it for you. Sounds like a good time to pick up a backup machine, won't have to got detectorless! I have an old BH as a backup, maybe some I'll get a Eurotek as a backup :)

Best of luck!

Did you try calling them? They might have a suggestion.
Have to ask, batteries fully charged? In the holder snug.
I've never looked, but up in the battery chamber are the two contacts in good shape?

Garrett has a good rep on warranty work.

Good luck, hope you're back out soon.

I have 2 sets of rechargeable Eneloops that I swap out. I just recently put a recharged set in so that shouldn't be the issue.

I guess I will try the factory reset to see if that brings it back from the dead.

And I agree that I need a backup machine!

Can a Mod delete this thread?

I just went and tried it again and it came on without issue. (After letting it sit about 45 minutes.)

For the heck of it I also did a factory reset. When I did that it showed the battery level down to 1 bar.

I don't know... maybe I didn't have a good charge on the set I recently put in. :shrug:

Hopefully it's just battery related and nothing wrong with the detector.

Sorry for jumping the gun on this thread. Maybe I can get a mod to delete it. I don't want to bring any unfair negative attention to Garrett.

ETA - I put that set of batteries back on the charger and it's showing a good charge. Weird.

You only need a backup machine if you have an addiction. I hope you don't have an addiction...... sad thing. I have three backup machines myself. :D I'm not an addict! :shock: And that's my story and I'm sticking with it! :lol:

I have 2 sets of rechargeable Eneloops that I swap out. I just recently put a recharged set in so that shouldn't be the issue.

I guess I will try the factory reset to see if that brings it back from the dead.

And I agree that I need a backup machine!

I would try a good set of regular alkaline batteries just to make sure. I used to use rechargeable batteries in my cameras but they become worn out after so many charge and discharge cycles and the meter will say fully charged but as soon as there is a load on them they die. I would bet your batteries are toast.

I would try a good set of regular alkaline batteries just to make sure. I used to use rechargeable batteries in my cameras but they become worn out after so many charge and discharge cycles and the meter will say fully charged but as soon as there is a load on them they die. I would bet your batteries are toast.

That very well could be the case. I'm going to try a regular set to see if I have any issues.

I'm also doing a "refresh" on my rechargeables to see if that will help any.

I was going to suggest that as well. Easy to put in some fresh alkaline batteries to eliminate one possibility. I have a feeling your machine will work better.

Good luck,

Papa

Eneloops are GREAT I've been using them for over 2 years with virtually no loss of capacity. They are also guaranteed for 1000 charges and have 2000mAh rating.

Those aren't your problem!

Good hunting!

UPDATE: Nothing wrong with detector

I did a "refresh" on my rechargeable batteries and tried them today with a short hunt in the yard and had no issues.

I guess it was battery related all along. Either I didn't get a good charge last time or maybe I accidently left the detector on after my last hunt and killed the batteries. :?:

I did a "refresh" on my rechargeable batteries and tried them today with a short hunt in the yard and had no issues.

I guess it was battery related all along. Either I didn't get a good charge last time or maybe I accidently left the detector on after my last hunt and killed the batteries. :?:

Great end to this story! ;)

Great to hear!

Good point to remember is the AT Pro does not like when the batteries get low. I have seen a lot of odd problems reported from AT Pro users that in the end turned out to be fixed with a fresh set of batteries.

Back
Top Bottom