Omega 8000 Falses

Diggum

Elite Member
I've had my Omega back from Texas First for a few weeks, now, and they seem to have fixed its previous problems. As a bonus, I am now on firmware version 5. I haven't seen any reference to that version, so it must be pretty new.

I know that this is a chatty machine, and that doesn't bother me. What does, however, are the many, many falses. It seems like half of my swings will have what sounds like a solid hit, but when I go back to check it, there's nothing there. Nada, zilch, nichts. This is in every location I've hunted with it (4 so far) with various sensitivity settings, using a discrimination of 16 up to 24.

Is this common for the Omega, or do I need to do something differently?

which coil and what does it gb at? how many Fe2O2 bars?

Standard concentric (oval) coil. Ground grab, so not sure of number, but only one site really needed it, same on the rust bars (only the one site was rotten with iron). I'll pay better attention on my next hunt and come back with more info.

I dont have an Omega but when my ATP false it usually is because im swinging to fast for the amount of iron in the ground.

I've had my Omega back from Texas First for a few weeks, now, and they seem to have fixed its previous problems. As a bonus, I am now on firmware version 5. I haven't seen any reference to that version, so it must be pretty new.

I know that this is a chatty machine, and that doesn't bother me. What does, however, are the many, many falses. It seems like half of my swings will have what sounds like a solid hit, but when I go back to check it, there's nothing there. Nada, zilch, nichts. This is in every location I've hunted with it (4 so far) with various sensitivity settings, using a discrimination of 16 up to 24.

Is this common for the Omega, or do I need to do something differently?

Is your cord flopping? That can cause it. Where is sensitivity? Does lowering it a bit help?

Is your cord flopping? That can cause it. Where is sensitivity? Does lowering it a bit help?

Thanks, Bart. Cord is wrapped and secured with Velcro ties. Sensitivity is typically as high as I can use in the area (anywhere from about 50 up to 89). I'm wondering if the swinging too fast for the amount of iron isn't the cause... Haven't been able to take it out since I posted. Going to try to rectify that soon!

Back
Top Bottom