White's Classic III... How about this one???

Snake

The Compass 420 magnum got away from me... Too High!!!

I'm looking for a lower cost used unit as a backup, that would also function well as a relic search machine on our acreage in West Virginia...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... I'm trying to stay around $100.00 or less... Thanks guys... :?:

If you are just going to be an occasional coinhunter/relic hunter I can see buying something as old as an 80's detector. The Judge 6 was middle of the road back in the late 70's/80's. If you are going to be more serious then I think you are looking in the wrong palce. Today's VLF detectors are superior in most conditions over the older TR detectors as well as being easier to use. Just my two cents but I think you'll end up dissapointed in the ons you are looking at.

I don't like the Judge. Like the Classic III especially with Mr.Bills mods. As Tony says the older machines are harder to use or need more skill and weight makes a real difference to the detecting experience.
If you can spot a not to well known make or model then you could pick up a low cost motion machine with good performance. Perhaps an old Wilson or a Newforce (the U.S. name for C-Scope). Or an old metal box Tesoro Silver or Goldsabre. Its not to hard to up the performance. Just keep looking.

Back
Top Bottom