Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Coiltek electronics
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Make It or Fix It Yourself

Old 09-27-2018, 12:09 PM
Supporter

Default Easy Free Finds Pouch!

Nowadays its super easy to find these nice pouches laying around in about every middle school totter or sportsfields...They come in various configurations, zipper top, velcro flap, some are insulated and include the freezer gell capability! So I grab up every one!

I use them for all sorts of things around the house and infield...nice little bug out bags and tool kits for the vehicles, coin storage, ammo bags, snake enclosures, worm boxes, etc...

OK, so now you got a pouch or several from your early Sat am totter run, now you need some tactical webbing with the quick snaps for a belt!...Where to get those? For free?

Well, right down at the nearest beach/boatramp!..the down wind floating garbage catch end of about any lake theres abandoned lifejackets a guy comes across, so you simply take a moment to pull out the straps and leave the rest!

So then you modify the bags, melt some holes in the bottom for drainage with your Wifes good soldering iron out of her stained glass shop ..

The cool thing about this, a guy can add or subtract multiple bags from the same belt for the hunt, a guy can carry an insulated one with cold beverages and lunch inside, batteries, cellphone, keys, handgun, papertowels, smokes,..the usual gear a guy needs ...in each little bag depending on the location and duration of your outing...!

Everything is easily replaceable throughout any given season...theres lunchbags and lifejackets laying around ALL over the place! Good thing is, its all FREE, and some of those bags still have food in them!!

Keep an eye open for useful things abandoned...Sure we are after metal, but you would be surprised what people leave behind that is willing to lend an assist..

We NEVER had anything so cool like this when we were kids! We were lucky to have a length of baling twine for a belt and an old gunny sack!

The old guys used to call them 'Possible Pouches'...they were critical to survival...yep...a guy always needs storage and belts....
Attached Images

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Last edited by Mud-puppy; 09-27-2018 at 12:28 PM.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:38 PM
Elite Member

Got a couple of those ":Possible Pouches" here some where from the days that I spent many enjoyable hours with my friend making white smoke.
Some one accused us of carrying a purse.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:47 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Nowadays its super easy to find these nice pouches laying around in about every middle school totter or sportsfields...They come in various configurations, zipper top, velcro flap, some are insulated and include the freezer gell capability! So I grab up every one!

I use them for all sorts of things around the house and infield...nice little bug out bags and tool kits for the vehicles, coin storage, ammo bags, snake enclosures, worm boxes, etc...

OK, so now you got a pouch or several from your early Sat am totter run, now you need some tactical webbing with the quick snaps for a belt!...Where to get those? For free?

Well, right down at the nearest beach/boatramp!..the down wind floating garbage catch end of about any lake theres abandoned lifejackets a guy comes across, so you simply take a moment to pull out the straps and leave the rest!

So then you modify the bags, melt some holes in the bottom for drainage with your Wifes good soldering iron out of her stained glass shop ..

The cool thing about this, a guy can add or subtract multiple bags from the same belt for the hunt, a guy can carry an insulated one with cold beverages and lunch inside, batteries, cellphone, keys, handgun, papertowels, smokes,..the usual gear a guy needs ...in each little bag depending on the location and duration of your outing...!

Everything is easily replaceable throughout any given season...theres lunchbags and lifejackets laying around ALL over the place! Good thing is, its all FREE, and some of those bags still have food in them!!

Keep an eye open for useful things abandoned...Sure we are after metal, but you would be surprised what people leave behind that is willing to lend an assist..

We NEVER had anything so cool like this when we were kids! We were lucky to have a length of baling twine for a belt and an old gunny sack!

The old guys used to call them 'Possible Pouches'...they were critical to survival...yep...a guy always needs storage and belts....
You are a national treasure Mud!

When's the book coming out?

Originally Posted by georgeinsc View post
Got a couple of those ":Possible Pouches" here some where from the days that I spent many enjoyable hours with my friend making white smoke.
Some one accused us of carrying a purse.

Never accuse a man carrying a rifle of carrying a "purse".

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:03 PM
Supporter

About one out of every 4 or 5 thrift sales has something like that in a free box too. I was with ya Mud, right up until you pulled out the wife's good soldering iron and started melting nylon with it. You're on your own there. Great way to make drain holes though!

Old 10-05-2018, 11:24 PM
Elite Member

But did he EAT the apple and cup of fruit he found as well? I just gotta know!

White's TREASUREpro

Old 10-06-2018, 04:26 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Waveoff View post
But did he EAT the apple and cup of fruit he found as well? I just gotta know!
I do! Thats part to of the rules for being an Urban scavenger! Theres free money and food clothes and even beer laying around all over this Country! You find it, you gotta eat or drink or wear it! Or sell it, scrap it, use it for something..! .
Attached Images

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:20 PM

If you start eating flat cats I'm not reading your stuff anymore !

Old 10-07-2018, 12:30 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Coin Operated View post
If you start eating flat cats I'm not reading your stuff anymore !
Yeah you will!

Oldest coin: 1853 Braided Hair Large Cent (Honorable Mention: 1857 Flying Eagle Cent)
Oldest silver: 1861 Seated Liberty Dime
Oldest foreign coin: 1859 Canadian Queen Victoria Large Cent

Old 10-16-2018, 01:25 PM
Supporter

Seeing the Author......I was expecting this to involve 1- a diaper, or 2- Mud's finds keeper that said "Mail Pouch".

Leaving disappointed.........

Squad Leader: Team Cupcake