"General updates to the user interface and user profile function"

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
So everyone is talking about the Nox update, most are concerned with fixing the coins on edge and depth gauge issues...if you have them.
Also some other things might or might not have been changed, the pinpoint volume that goes from low to high sometimes, (mine does this), different numbers now showing up on some settings and some other things related to stability issues from what I am gathering.
There might be a whole list of improvements that Minelab does not talk about, if so I will just mark that down to them taking the time to test and fully complete the programming that might not have been done if they rushed them out too soon.
Yea, I know the way they showed up in dribbles and drabs all year didn't make it seem like they were rushing them out but once they announced them at that rally they were under the gun and a fully vetted product is now only becoming reality, maybe.
Or, I could be completely wrong but considering the many tiny problems list this one has/had logically I don't think so.
Whatever...it still works despite all these issues, maybe now it will just work better.

However I am still curious with the update page that also mentions this update affecting the interface and user profile feature.
My question is what has changed in those settings?
Is anything faster, moved, added...what exactly has changed?
Enquiring minds would like to know.

So everyone is talking about the Nox update, most are concerned with fixing the coins on edge and depth gauge issues...if you have them.
Also some other things might or might not have been changed, the pinpoint volume that goes from low to high sometimes, (mine does this), different numbers now showing up on some settings and some other things related to stability issues from what I am gathering.
There might be a whole list of improvements that Minelab does not talk about, if so I will just mark that down to them taking the time to test and fully complete the programming that might not have been done if they rushed them out too soon.
Yea, I know the way they showed up in dribbles and drabs all year didn't make it seem like they were rushing them out but once they announced them at that rally they were under the gun and a fully vetted product is now only becoming reality, maybe.
Or, I could be completely wrong but considering the many tiny problems list this one has/had logically I don't think so.
Whatever...it still works despite all these issues, maybe now it will just work better.

However I am still curious with the update page that also mentions this update affecting the interface and user profile feature.
My question is what has changed in those settings?
Is anything faster, moved, added...what exactly has changed?
Enquiring minds would like to know.

I think the update may have took a few quirks out of the detector as far as how things are playing around inside. I wouldn’t be surprised to see factory resets having to be done less often.

As far as the user profile feature.
I need to check.
Original software version, if one shut down 800 Nox while in user profile program, data was lost.
So I’ll check to see if update has changed this.

I may even have to un update my Nox to compare to update version, to be sure I am not posting false info.

Last edited:
Okay, I checked user profile ops with UPDATE loaded in Equinox 800.

A user can shut down Nox while user profile program is infact engaged, and no data seems is lost.
When you power back up Equinox after shutting down while in User profile program, Equinox will NOT be at power turn in User profile program. Instead Equinox will be at the last Non User profile program/ detect made younwere using before power shutdown.

So all one needs to do is toggle to user profile program with short hot of user profile button.

I will upload original software version and have a look see and make a few additional comments on what I witness by doing.

After reverting back to original software version.
If user profile is selected at power turn off, when you power back up, Nox is in the same detect mode where user profile was at power off. No users profile icon shown though.

So new update did change the way user profile works.

I reloaded my unit back with updated version and reconfirmed what I said above as far as it goes. I witnessed the exact same things noted above.

In case some folks unfamiliar to Equinox are wondering what User profile is.
This feature is found only on 800 model.
It allows a user to apply settings to a detect mode, and they can quickly toggle for whatever reason to detect or check targets. Global settings though will flow to and fro your normal detect modes and user profile program. An example of this is sensitivty. You toggle from your normal detect mode with say 22 sensitivty, and toggle to your user profile program (saved previously) this 22 level sensitivity will follow you with your user profile program selected.

Things like speed, iron bias, disc, tones etc all can be set into your user profile program for use at your disposal.

Refer to Equinox Manual for what settings are deemed global.

Last edited:
One thing that happens with my 800 is when I load custom tones and tone breaks in the user profile using the 5 tone settings, those same custom tones and tone breaks will show up in 5 tones in other modes. Never bothered me, but hopefully this update will cure that.

Back
Top Bottom