Whaaat?

melbajoe

Forum Supporter
So I’m in the basement cleaning my gear and while I’m waiting for things to dry I find a 14k gold chain I had and decide to air test it against my machines, totally in visible to the excal even if it touches while swinging. The equinox 800 barely sees it in beach 1 at 22 sens, to the point I wouldn’t dig it due to extremely inconsistent signals. In prospecting mode at frequency 40 no prob at at least 6 inches vid 35-40. A little less so at frequency 20. Biggest surprise was the makro racer in all metal at sens 70 it picked it up no problem at 4-6 inches. I didn’t try the cz21 cause I was too lazy to put batteries in. Little disappointed in the nox-was expecting better. The chain is 19 in long and isn’t really that thin weighs in at 8.45g. Not one of those anchor rapper chains but not one of those dainty ones either. Guess the racer hits the beach again after a brief retirement by the nox😀

Attachments

• 1AE37B25-DC76-4A59-A0FF-9ADDAF53A7D5.jpg
    1AE37B25-DC76-4A59-A0FF-9ADDAF53A7D5.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 350
That's a tough target...

I would think the ATP would call it out at about 2 inches.

<°)))>{

Can the racer do it in saltwater?
Looks like maybe need to be in prospect mode at the beach?
^^^that would be something to see! Last weekend I was at the beach (ocean) and bumped into a guy with a racer. He was killing it in the upper high tide line where it was dry. Had snagged about $8- in clad in just two hours, but had problems everywhere else. We walked to try wet sand and he could lower the Sens to get it to balance just fine....but targets over 6" where iffy. In the water, it was falsimg like crazy. We checked the cord and it was tightly secured around the shaft. Only thing we could do is diminish the Sens until it only picked up large objects.....I'm talked Volkswagens, not quarters. Lol.

Cool thing was the guy said he had an Excal. A lil while later I saw him mosey back on the beach with a green E-II.

I will admit, the racer had an impressive yield for the dry!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Nox wont hit a small gold in the salt water unless its a ring. BUT it does better on some of the small gold depth wise than even the CTX. I assume you tried it in beach 1 AM....... and 0 IB. Where the Nox shines over the other multi freq in the water is on OPEN gold earrings. We will have to test that i guess this winter.

Yeah Dew , the big surprise for me was how the nox had no prob in prospecting mode with just the 40 frequency while in beach 1 in multi it was a no go. And that the racer saw it also in AM. Of course these were air test and in salt wet sand or water things would most likely be different especially for the racer- but on dry sand it should be good. Like u said have to check this winter, course that means dragging 3 machines to Florida. The wife might guy have something to say lol

Now the Nox does very well on high K targets. Joe..... most gold machines in that 40k range is going to do just as well....... but there way to much stuff in the dry sand for me. In the water thou you arent going to be able to run beach 1 as effectively as beach 2. With beach 2 you have a reduced sensitivity... salt setting... different algorithms. Thou i have found 4 or 5 chains this year i dont have much expectations of finding small ones.

Happy wife ..... happy life.:laughing: