* What an unusual Day! *

meggie

Elite Member
Back at my favourite spot yesterday,plenty of sinkers again .. but that was all.

So today I tried another beach that we call "ring-pull beach" and that was all I scored there,lots of them.Then I cut my finger so left there.

So moved on to my favourite little beach again,more sinkers & 2 junk rings.I bent down to pick one up and split my bloody shorts,big time! So I had to go into the local Target store wearing an old towel around my waist to get some new ones .. that was exciting, not!

Decided to go back and continue up around the grassy area above the high tide mark, I took my trowel & pin-pointer.Straight away I started getting coins. And then a solid 9 .. a small 9ct ring and then not a foot away a solid 13,another 9ct ring. They are a pair of interlocking rings.
They were very dull looking,but have polished up nicely ..probably been there for a while.

So at least the day ended on a good note!

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 676
  • IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 669
  • IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_0154.jpg
    IMG_0154.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 666
  • IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 695
Nice work changing spots till something works Meggie. Love those rings, guessing not much weight but they are beauties :yes: :photo:

Coinage looks interesting as well, what's the big silver multi sided coin? 50 Cent?

That's amazing you found both rings of a matched pair like that. Your story is a good one; it demonstrates a benefit to persistence in overcoming adversities. Here's a thought: Target is a world leader in retail surveillance. It is a guarantee there is clear footage of you shopping for shorts with a towel around your waist. The security team probably got a kick out of it, without even knowing the story.

Back at my favourite spot yesterday,plenty of sinkers again .. but that was all.

So today I tried another beach that we call "ring-pull beach" and that was all I scored there,lots of them.Then I cut my finger so left there.

So moved on to my favourite little beach again,more sinkers & 2 junk rings.I bent down to pick one up and split my bloody shorts,big time! So I had to go into the local Target store wearing an old towel around my waist to get some new ones .. that was exciting, not!

Decided to go back and continue up around the grassy area above the high tide mark, I took my trowel & pin-pointer.Straight away I started getting coins. And then a solid 9 .. a small 9ct ring and then not a foot away a solid 13,another 9ct ring. They are a pair of interlocking rings.
They were very dull looking,but have polished up nicely ..probably been there for a while.

So at least the day ended on a good note!

That is the addiction summed up in a picture...you never really know what is making the machine beep! I will never get tired of the anticipation of what one is about to unearth. Great finds, congrats!!!

Beautiful rings!

Were you using the Equinox? Im trying to set up a good program on my 800, but Im not sure what the lowest number gold rings start showing up.

Beautiful rings!

Were you using the Equinox? Im trying to set up a good program on my 800, but Im not sure what the lowest number gold rings start showing up.

Yes the 800.I dig everything at the beach .. I have had gold as low as 5 and as high as 19,so you just never know!
In beach mode2 I have the target tones all raised to their highest tone, then I set the threshold level to a slight hum,finally I increased the tone pitch to it's highest level (25)
With this I seem to be getting deeper signals,the tone pitch trick really seemed to work for me.

Now that's a bad day :) I once tried to dye my hair when I was about 18 and it turned out grey as grey can be! I wrapped my hair in a towel and went to the local beauty supply place to get a remedy but that is nothing compared to splitting pants and having to walk around with a towel :)

Congrats on the nice rings!

Back
Top Bottom