How Much Would You Pay for a Titanium Scoop?

ZeroSum

Seems like there is a huge hole in the scoop market.....Titanium is signifigantly lighter, corrosion proof, and stronger than steel.

My wife finally gave me the go ahead to get a scoop and I'm really surprised there isn't a titanium one being manufactured....

I'd probably drop $300 dollars on one....

there not produced because of the cost. To produce one...not its retailvalue...would be up around 500$. I would say there's plenty that would pay the 500$...but hardly anyone would pay much more. A 300% increase in scoop price only to save about a point an a half of weight. Not worth it. Carbon fiber shafts on the other hand are worth it and affordable. Where do you want to hunt and what do you need to dig thru? If it's rocky at all make sure your pick is pointed. He gl -Joe

there comes a point when you say..... i dont need that whats wrong with what i have whats the advantage. That goes for scoops or machines. I could buy a $10000 ML for beach hunting that would produce ...... but why pay the price if im comfortable with what will reasonably do the job. No machine does it all.... and as far as scoops..... you are digging a hole so to me a good SS is just fine.

I have a hunting friend who has one and LOVES it. The cost to value equation is different for everyone. I learned the hard way that I spent way more on cheap scoops that didn't last and bought a good one that two years later looks like new and I have had it out several hundred times.
The reduced weight means less stress on joints. Compared to pain and medical costs, it is bloody CHEAP! But if you don't hunt much or you are constructed like a pro athlete, what does it matter?

I would pay for my favorite scoop in titanium and then spring for the carbon shaft too.

I let the guy who made my scoops know if he ever decides to do a few in titanium I will gladly pre pay for the chance to have one. :grin:

Not interested... There gets to a point that stainless is plenty light and strong also. I've got a stavr EVROEXCAVATOR-2 v.22 and it weights 2.36 pounds. I've beat my scoop up for probably over three years now and it still looks and works great and has never made me think of getting a lighter scoop.
Would a titanium scoop weigh less and be stronger? Sure, but it's just not needed...

That one Max had, had a stainless bolt on top if I remember correctly. I weld stainless but won't touch titanium with a 10 foot pole. :lol:

California co .makes titsnium scoops "to order" for $1,100. Neat, but compared to the light weight versions of scoops like stavrs, you'll only save 3-6 oz. To avoid repetitive strain injuries, it is far easier to use a harness/lift assist or take frequent breaks.

I'd give my right eye for one!

Attachments

• eye.jpg
    eye.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 223
The only thing I can think of is the law of diminishing returns , though that might not fit the scenerio completely. To pay that much for one when others that are available for far less serve people well for many years just dont make any economic sense. Now if they came with a guarantee of more and better finds that would be different :lol:

I had two made and can't say that they are any better then my others. They all do the job, they are lighter but there are others that are just as light. It's like the grass looks green on the other side of the fence, but it's not. There is no perfect grass and same goes for scoops.

Right titanium is stronger pound for pound. If u have ever had titanium backpacking utensils u know how easy they bend. U would need to make it much thicker to reap the benifits

Back
Top Bottom