Really stumped

Kevin3

Here’s my short story that has me stumped. Went through several whites machines, not putting them down at all, Minelab exterra 30 , buddy convinced me to find good used explorer II. I LOVED it. Took me some research but loved the way it hit coins as that is mostly want I hunt. Was really understanding it when I had to sell and get out of hobby. Now I’m getting back into it as I loved it. I have researched and researched and want closest thing to explorer. Like the silver tone I guess lol. Was told e-trac because Minelab does not service the explorers anymore. Have explorer SE with Sunday probe close by. Same setup I had with explorer II. But if it’s outdated should I find e-trac? NOX comparable or should I stick with something else? Sorry it’s a long post but when you’ve been out of it for nine years don’t want to make a mistake and regret it later. Thanks for any advice love reading your guys post

Not against it but would like to hear from explorer users or e-trac users it’s right move to make. Only want to invest once for a few years

Consider this...the Nox will high tone on a steel crown cap, which the world is polluted with. The Explorer/Etracs basically ignore them, as you already know. You wanna chase bottlecaps or dig silver? Get that Explorer with the probe...

Found an se with sunray probe for $500, is it worth it? Its not the pro model, thanks for any help

The Pro was just the 11" Etrac coil mounted on a Explorer SE...you can use any Etrac coil on a Explorer and there are over a dozen different ones available. $500 is reasonable for a setup with the probe, what coil and other stuff does it come with?

Ok here is the deal.

What are you hunting for and where are you hunting?

For coins those older detectors sure found the silver. No doubt about that.

For lower conductors like relics and gold the Nox is much better.

For masked coins in iron and trash the Nox is much better.

For water hunting including muck and rain.....Nox

For price and warranty Nox.

Wireless too.

E-Trac for sure if you want that similar silver tones I love my E-Trac with the x-1 probe I also have a Nox 800 and love how light weight it is vs the etrac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom