Back in the swing of things.. New find/s after a two year hiatus. (need a find ID'ed)

Mi$$ouri Jim

(give or take two years)

It was unsually warm yesterday so I decided to hit a spot I've more or less hunted out.

Note: i've pulled out coins dating back to the late 1800s and some civil war finds (bullets, harness leather w/copper rivets, a single damaged cavalry button) at this site in the past.

Well, I discovered some pulled up concrete/asphault construction had been done there & about 3 inches of bare earth had been skimmed off the top. Detected it for almost 4 hours straight. Some ground was frozen solid, while other parts were easier.

Its been a long time since I have detected and found something decent. Its good to be back (I'm gonna be sore for a couple of days).

Here are my finds ..... (That's a sharps bullet... correct? And if so... what variety?)

edit: it took me a good 10 minutes to chip away the frozen earth around that bullet so I could get it out of the ground without damaging it.... I thought I was going to break another lesche!

Attachments

• allfindsLABELED2FINAL.jpg
    allfindsLABELED2FINAL.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 254
  • BULLETCLOSEUPFINAL.jpg
    BULLETCLOSEUPFINAL.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 240
Back
Top Bottom