Best find with a twist / What's your best thrift store-flea market find?

BigKen

We've all seen many of your best finds that you've dug. I know many of us frequent thrift stores and flea markets, and the occasional garage sale. So what is the best find at one of these? Show me your treasure.

Hard to say what my best is, found a Stanley number one hand plane about three years ago in the box like brand-new, sold it for $1200. Paid five bucks. Purchased a set of identical rolltop desks about two months ago for $500, sold them for $1500 each. I have purchased all sorts of vintage handtools, antique furniture, musical instruments, and other things at fleamarket's. It's not really about getting a great price, it's about knowing every detail and complete history of what you are purchasing, understanding the market of that item and how saturated it may or may not be at the time, and most importantly how to sell them for the maximum amount of cash that they could possibly ever be worth.

You win win some you lose some. Nobody ever talks about the things that buy that they never make money from lol. It's kind of like playing the lottery, you only hear about it when people win but it takes a whole lot of money to get to that point

I got a looks new Minelab Explorer xs at a pawn shop for 189.00. I thought that was a steal. I once bought three pieces of 14 k jewelry for 25 dollars at a garage sale.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom